Cooling LGA 775 Intel P4 3.2 GHZ on ASUS P5AD2-e premium

Old April 12th 05, 09:53 PM

Default Cooling LGA 775 Intel P4 3.2 GHZ on ASUS P5AD2-e premium

Hi,

I have a ASUS P5AD2-e premium board with an intel p4 3.2 GHZ lga 775
chip [640], and I am looking for a quiet cpu cooler than what comes
with the chip.

1) any recommendations? [the zalman 7700cu won't fit in my case]
2) has anyone tried the thermalright xp-120 with this board?

3) if you were able to fit the thermalright xp-120 to the cpu, which
fan did you use?

Thanks,

George

Old April 17th 05, 03:58 AM
Burton J Brooks

I am using the artic cooling freezer that I got from 3D Cooler - works great
and pretty quiet.

oups.com...

Old April 17th 05, 05:55 PM
Montana Pete

I used arctic silver on the CPU and then installed 2 StarTech
(www.startech.com) PC expansion slot video card cooling fans in 2 open
slots. One right next to the video card and one up by the CPU on the
other side of the video card. It really helped. They are super quiet
and they suck enough hot air out of the case so the CPU fan slows down
to a whisper.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:58:53 -0500, "Burton J Brooks"
wrote:

I am using the artic cooling freezer that I got from 3D Cooler - works great
and pretty quiet.

roups.com...

Old April 21st 05, 07:32 PM

Hi,

I have a asus p5ad2-e board with an intel p4 3.2 Ghz being cooled by a
thermalright xp-120 unit with a nexus 120mm real silent case fan
[D12SL-12]. Since installing this coolling solution my machine is much
more quiet, however, on start up I get a bios error stating cpu fan
fail. Once I hit F1 to bypass the error, asus probe 2 shows the cpu fan
going at ~1028 with temps of CPU around 28 C / 82 F. I have the nexus
fan connected via the cpu fan [3 pin connector] on the motherboard. the
fan is mounted to be drawing air away from the motherboard.

Any suggestions on how this bios error should be remedied? Have I
connected something incorrectly?

Thanks,

George