keyboard will not work

Old February 18th 04, 05:25 PM
Jeff Godfrey

Default keyboard will not work

The ps/2 keyboard connection on my motherboard does not work. I have
tried multiple ps/2 keyboards with the same result. The keyboard will
function during the post and lets me get into the BIOS setup. I set
the BIOS to halt on all errors and it does not detech a missing
keyboard.
Once I get into the Windows log-on, the keyboard does not work. I
have remotely connected to this computer and browsed the hardware
list; a keyboard does not appear in the hardware listing.
I have tried performing a clean install of Windows XP, but once I get
to the point of having to press 'Enter' to install Windows(the first
point of user input to begin the install) the keyboard does not
function.
I have also tried to load BIOS default settings and cleared the CMOS,
with no luck.

Any ideas???
Old February 19th 04, 12:15 AM
DaveW

Sounds like it's either time for a new motherboard with a working PS2 slot,
or a USB keyboard.

--
DaveW

om...