Are Apple Notebooks Made in the USA ?

Old September 2nd 04, 10:59 PM
Eugene

Paul Frankenstein wrote:

In article ,
Mean Mr Mustard wrote:
* I am looking to purchase a new notebook computer and would prefer an
* Apple system due to the superior architecture, reliability and
* service. However, I am also opposed to outsourcing and will not buy
* anything made outside the US and Canada unless it is impossible find
* otherwise. Now I haven't been able to confirm where Apple has these
* notebooks produced, but a brief search on Google hinted at Made in
* China.
*
* Is this the case? If so, I will pass on Apple and just go with a Dell
* inorder to save a few bucks.

Nice attempted troll. For the record, the Dell laptop I bought a few weeks
ago was made in Malaysia. I'm not sure that ANYONE makes laptops in the US
anymore.

Of course it all depends on how you define "made"
I've forgotten the legal terms now, but you can have parts made all over the
world and shipped here and then assembled and call it made in the USA.

Working for a reseller for a few years we saw a high number of failures of
Apple gear, higher than Compaq, HP, IBM (didn't sell/service Dell since
they deal direct)

Old September 3rd 04, 02:51 AM
Paul Frankenstein

In article ,
Mean Mr Mustard wrote:
* I am looking to purchase a new notebook computer and would prefer an
* Apple system due to the superior architecture, reliability and
* service. However, I am also opposed to outsourcing and will not buy
* anything made outside the US and Canada unless it is impossible find
* otherwise. Now I haven't been able to confirm where Apple has these
* notebooks produced, but a brief search on Google hinted at Made in
* China.
*
* Is this the case? If so, I will pass on Apple and just go with a Dell
* inorder to save a few bucks.

Nice attempted troll. For the record, the Dell laptop I bought a few weeks
ago was made in Malaysia. I'm not sure that ANYONE makes laptops in the US
anymore.

paulf | The Way is quite broad,
@ | but people love shortcuts.
panix | ------------------------------
.com | http://paulfrankenstein.org/
Old September 3rd 04, 03:05 AM
Edward J. Neth

Apple notebooks are made by Quanta and Compal, which are two of Dell's
biggest suppliers.
My iBook came from Taiwan; a brand-new Dell D800, from Malaysia, by way of
Compal, which also makes the wide-screen Apple PowerBooks for Apple.

om...

Old September 3rd 04, 05:59 AM
Gnarlodious

Entity Mean Mr Mustard spoke thus:

Now I haven't been able to confirm where Apple has these
notebooks produced, but a brief search on Google hinted at Made in
China.

No, Taiwan.

Is this the case? If so, I will pass on Apple and just go with a Dell
inorder to save a few bucks.

Hope you enjoy your new Apple laptop! Although you could still argue that
Taiwan is part of China...

--
Gnarlie's virtual Tour de Santa Fe:
http://Gnarlodious.com/SantaFe/Tour.php

Old September 3rd 04, 07:44 AM
Tim May

In article , Mathue
wrote:

In article , Mean Mr
Mustard wrote:

I am looking to purchase a new notebook computer and would prefer an
Apple system due to the superior architecture, reliability and
service. However, I am also opposed to outsourcing and will not buy
anything made outside the US and Canada unless it is impossible find
otherwise. Now I haven't been able to confirm where Apple has these
notebooks produced, but a brief search on Google hinted at Made in
China.

Is this the case? If so, I will pass on Apple and just go with a Dell
inorder to save a few bucks.

I'm not aware of any laptop being 'Made' in the US. 'Assembled'
maybe, though I can't find anything on Google.

The best quality items are now made offshore. Products actually "made
in America" are usually assembled by ex-cons, or current cons (prison
labor), Mexicans, Haitians, or, in some cases, by inner city negro
welfare cases.

When I buy a product, I look for assembly outside one of the "we be
niggaz" assembly zones. In other words, I look for quality, offshore
assembly.

None of my Macs were built by ******s.

--Tim May
Old September 3rd 04, 08:20 AM
AnToNio

Mean Mr Mustard wrote:

However, I am also opposed to outsourcing and will not buy
anything made outside the US and Canada unless it is impossible find
otherwise.

Do you really think that you can find any product that is not at least
partly and more often fully made outside the US????

You're really a very naive American!

--
Groeten,

Antonio (Voor email, verwijder X)
Old September 3rd 04, 02:28 PM
Georg Schwarz

Gnarlodious wrote:

notebooks produced, but a brief search on Google hinted at Made in
China.

No, Taiwan.

aka ROC, which happens to stand for Republic of China.

Hope you enjoy your new Apple laptop! Although you could still argue that
Taiwan is part of China...

anyone claiming differently should check their history or geography
books.

--
Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
+49 177 8811442