JAVA Panel Blackout Problem

Old May 26th 11, 06:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

Default JAVA Panel Blackout Problem

Anyone else experience this in Win 7?

Control Panel/Java/About
After several seconds it blacks out.

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.
Old May 27th 11, 10:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

"Ed Light" wrote in message
eb.com...
Anyone else experience this in Win 7?

Control Panel/Java/About
After several seconds it blacks out.

I do not have that problem. Do you think this is related to your video
card, is that why you posted to this group?

Old May 28th 11, 02:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

On 5/27/2011 2:22 PM, KCB wrote:

"Ed Light" wrote in message
eb.com...
Anyone else experience this in Win 7?

Control Panel/Java/About
After several seconds it blacks out.

I do not have that problem. Do you think this is related to your video
card, is that why you posted to this group?

I think it's ATI drivers.

I have the problem on both an Intel P31 chipset motherboard and an
nvidia 7025 AM2+ chipset motherboard, with a 4670 and 4650 respectively.

It happens with drivers 11.3 and 11.5, but not 10.11.

I have the latest Java. It also happened with the previous Java.

Old May 28th 11, 07:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

"Ed Light" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 5/27/2011 2:22 PM, KCB wrote:

"Ed Light" wrote in message
eb.com...
Anyone else experience this in Win 7?

Control Panel/Java/About
After several seconds it blacks out.

I do not have that problem. Do you think this is related to your video
card, is that why you posted to this group?

I think it's ATI drivers.

I have the problem on both an Intel P31 chipset motherboard and an nvidia
7025 AM2+ chipset motherboard, with a 4670 and 4650 respectively.

It happens with drivers 11.3 and 11.5, but not 10.11.

I have the latest Java. It also happened with the previous Java.

I'm still on the 10.12 drivers with a 5850. If I have time to mess around
with the newer drivers this weekend, I'll post back with results. I'm just
taking a break from cutting the grass right now because it's so beeping hot
outside.

Old May 29th 11, 02:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

"Ed Light" wrote in message
b.com...
On 5/28/2011 11:28 AM, KCB wrote:

I'm still on the 10.12 drivers with a 5850. If I have time to mess
around with the newer drivers this weekend, I'll post back with results.
I'm just taking a break from cutting the grass right now because it's so
beeping hot outside.

Thanks!

Installed the 11.5 drivers this morning, and the Java Control Panel (about)
appears, and stays, as it should. So now I have 11.5 drivers, with a 5850,
on Win7-64 Pro.

I uninstalled all ATI software using ATI Catalyst Install Manager through
the Control Panel, rebooted, then installed the 11.5s, using default
settings. One display @ 1920x1080p, 32-bit color.

My Java is Version 6 Update 25 (build 1.6.0_25-b06). I was on previous
build until I read your original post, so I updated it, but it still
displays properly.

Sorry, I can't duplicate your issue.

Old May 30th 11, 12:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

The Java panel itself is solid. But when you open some of the
sub-windows, they black out pretty quick. Try the Security/Certificates
window.

In 11.5 I had a problem where, in Video, I set the deinterlacing to
Vector Adaptive, and it kept falling back to Bob in a short time. Fixed
it by going back to 11.3. This on 2 computers.

Old May 30th 11, 12:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KCB[_2_]

"Ed Light" wrote in message
b.com...
The Java panel itself is solid. But when you open some of the sub-windows,
they black out pretty quick. Try the Security/Certificates window.

In 11.5 I had a problem where, in Video, I set the deinterlacing to Vector
Adaptive, and it kept falling back to Bob in a short time. Fixed it by
going back to 11.3. This on 2 computers.

None of the sub-windows did anything out of the ordinary; I tried them all.

Old May 30th 11, 06:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

On 5/29/2011 4:15 PM, KCB wrote:

None of the sub-windows did anything out of the ordinary; I tried them all.

Thanks. I'll hope someone else had the problem and reads this thread.