Dell Min 9 owners: Have you used SD cards in slot for extra storage?

Old July 26th 09, 02:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Default Dell Min 9 owners: Have you used SD cards in slot for extra storage?

My Mini 9 is running out of hdd space as it only has 8
gigs

How well does buying and using and SD card in the side
slot work for helping with that?

And.... who has best deals on SD cards in decent sizes?
Old July 26th 09, 05:14 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Camper[_2_]

I have found the transfer rate of SD cards too slow to use them as a serious
alternative for storage.

Camper

Old July 26th 09, 02:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bluegoose

wrote in message
My Mini 9 is running out of hdd space as it only has 8
gigs

How well does buying and using and SD card in the side
slot work for helping with that?

And.... who has best deals on SD cards in decent sizes?

I use an 8GB SDHC in my Asus 1000HE as "extra- I don't care about forever"
type storage.
I never noticed a "performance" issue, but when I use my netbook, I'm not in
"performance" mode. (insert "sipping something cold" sound here)
It's a Kingston Brand I bought at Newegg for about the same price as I can
buy a 16GB now.
Sometimes Kingston.com has specials too, but I have just had really good
luck with Newegg.

Bernie

Old July 26th 09, 03:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

"Camper" wrote:

I have found the transfer rate of SD cards too slow to use them as a serious
alternative for storage.

Hmmm..... yeah that's what I was thinking but wasn't
sure of

Thanks for confirming!
Old July 26th 09, 03:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

"Bluegoose" wrote:

I never noticed a "performance" issue, but when I use my netbook, I'm not in
"performance" mode. (insert "sipping something cold" sound here)
It's a Kingston Brand I bought at Newegg for about the same price as I can
buy a 16GB now.
Sometimes Kingston.com has specials too, but I have just had really good
luck with Newegg.

Thanks Bernie I will chk it out

I had considered buying a RunCore 32 gig ssd but at
$120 I just don't want to put that much into this
netbook as I'm expecting netSLATES to hit market soon
Old August 1st 09, 08:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
bitwisebob

I have a 16gb SD card in the SD card slot. I use it to store assorted
files, docs, music, etc. Works fine. Transcend 16gb class 6.

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon