AMD future

Old February 17th 04, 10:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Asestar

Default AMD future

Don't get high hopes on Prescott tough. Only good it will do is intruduce
new plateforms where we can run Nortwoods on, only faster.
It has some serious issues with electrochemistry, also those (even more)
lengthed pipelines will give reduced performance per clockrate. Remember how
P4 1,6 was outclassed by almost all other 1,6GHz cpu's? Even
athlon1,2/duron1,3 were a LOT faster than (on papir)faster P4.

Get XP 64 at 3000+. That or opteron.

"Mike" wrote in message

--
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
MSI K8T NEO FIS2R

Try to beat that with the latest Intel crap!

"Neil" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
The Spectre wrote:

Hey guys just want to get some feed back. My last 3 comouters have all
been AMD home builts but my next one may not be. I will be building a

new
computer to replace my aging 2200+ and I have to say unless something
fantastic happens its gonna be Intel inside.

No one needs 64 bit computing
The intel P4 overclocks like mad
A 1Gz+ gap is getting harder and harder for AMD to overcome
New P4's will have added instructions
P4 front side bus is bigger
Most benchmarks show P4 ahead
Finally, upcomming Prescott on reduced die size

I want to stay with AMD but anyone know something I don't?

Well you can go a 3000+ A64 for resonable cost with a new board.

Persoanlly
I run both platforms a NF2 2500+@3200+ and a p4 2.4@3 gig at 250 fsb,

one
advantage of the p4 is it is almost a silent system, the amd is
watercooled or would be too noisey for my liking.