Socket 939 Choices?

Old November 12th 04, 05:48 PM
Peter van der Goes

Default Socket 939 Choices?

I'm an Asus fan with a dilemma.
I'm considering an A64 socket 939 chip and motherboard combo. My experience
with the NForce2 chipset is causing me to lean toward the NForce3 Pro 250
GB chipset. It appears that Asus restricts me to Socket 754 if I want an
NVidia chipset and only offers a Socket 939 board with the VIA K8 T800 Pro
chipset.
So, what are your experiences with Socket 939, and has VIA caught up with
NVidia in reliability/performance, or should I wait (assuming, of course,
that Asus will eventually give us a Socket 939/NVidia combo).
Or, go with Socket 754?
Of course, experience with other motherboards that meet both my criteria is
welcome information.

Old November 12th 04, 06:04 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:48:00 -0600, Peter van der Goes wrote:

I'm an Asus fan with a dilemma.
I'm considering an A64 socket 939 chip and motherboard combo. My experience
with the NForce2 chipset is causing me to lean toward the NForce3 Pro 250
GB chipset. It appears that Asus restricts me to Socket 754 if I want an
NVidia chipset and only offers a Socket 939 board with the VIA K8 T800 Pro
chipset.
So, what are your experiences with Socket 939, and has VIA caught up with
NVidia in reliability/performance, or should I wait (assuming, of course,
that Asus will eventually give us a Socket 939/NVidia combo).
Or, go with Socket 754?
Of course, experience with other motherboards that meet both my criteria is
welcome information.

All of the hardware sites seem to like the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. I'm
planning on building a system with that board myself before the end of the
year.

Old November 20th 04, 08:22 PM
Asfand Yar Qazi

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:48:00 -0600, Peter van der Goes wrote:

I'm an Asus fan with a dilemma.
I'm considering an A64 socket 939 chip and motherboard combo. My experience
with the NForce2 chipset is causing me to lean toward the NForce3 Pro 250
GB chipset. It appears that Asus restricts me to Socket 754 if I want an
NVidia chipset and only offers a Socket 939 board with the VIA K8 T800 Pro
chipset.
So, what are your experiences with Socket 939, and has VIA caught up with
NVidia in reliability/performance, or should I wait (assuming, of course,
that Asus will eventually give us a Socket 939/NVidia combo).
Or, go with Socket 754?
Of course, experience with other motherboards that meet both my criteria is
welcome information.

Is this what you're looking for, sunny Jim?

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm

--
http://www.it-is-truth.org/
Old November 23rd 04, 08:28 PM
Peter van der Goes

"Asfand Yar Qazi" wrote in message
General Schvantzkoph wrote:
On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:48:00 -0600, Peter van der Goes wrote:

Is this what you're looking for, sunny Jim?

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/sock...d/overview.htm

--
http://www.it-is-truth.org/

More than I need, and appears to not yet be available.

Old November 27th 04, 06:21 AM
bill & Cindy miller

I have just recently started doing business with a company, that I will soon
be offering their product-line. The asus board with the nforce chipset will
be available for the 754 will also have the msi board with nforce chipset
for the 939. And so you know my prices beat newegg.