Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced HD Audio

Old May 1st 06, 03:09 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced HD Audio

For those interested, the above is a $30 CDN upgrade to the sound card (on
an I6400 laptop) from the more basic "Integrated Audio". Compare the
different sound card features at the link:

Journey, you were asking me if what I had selected was "Sound Blaster Live!"
The "Audigy" appears to be a cut above "Live" in some areas - see the
comparisons.

http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/lear...~tab=deta ils

Clark

Old May 1st 06, 07:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 22:09:54 -0400, "Clark Martin"
wrote:

Journey, you were asking me if what I had selected was "Sound Blaster Live!"
The "Audigy" appears to be a cut above "Live" in some areas - see the
comparisons.

Hi Clark,

I don't know what a CDN $ is worth (but I bet in less than a decade
I'd much rather have that than a U.S. $ the way the Republicans are
running this country into the ground... 9 Trillion $ deficit and
counting -- hey, what does it take for an American to (e/i)mmigrate to
Canada?).

If the cost is not much, I'd say go for it. If it's your main PC and
you like to play music with it, it's good to have a nice sound card.

Journey
Old May 1st 06, 02:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Hi Journey,

Yep, the CDN dollar seems to get better every week. Since you asked, $30
CDN = $26.36 USD this morning. I really love this -we travel to the
south-west U.S. (Utah, Arizona) for about two months each year with our
Travel Trailer, so a good exchange rate is important to me.

Clark

Old May 1st 06, 02:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Mon, 1 May 2006 09:18:17 -0400, "Clark Martin"
wrote:

Hi Journey,

Yep, the CDN dollar seems to get better every week. Since you asked, $30
CDN = $26.36 USD this morning. I really love this -we travel to the
south-west U.S. (Utah, Arizona) for about two months each year with our
Travel Trailer, so a good exchange rate is important to me.

Clark

I have a question -- the Canadian currency is called a "dollar" and it
uses the same symbol "$".

Is it at times confusing for someone in Canada purchasing something
from a Canadian company's web site? Or in all instances of a Canadian
dollar is it designated as such (CDN)?

This probably is far-fetched, but have unscrupulous companies tried to
use this to their advantage?

Journey
Old May 1st 06, 06:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Most times this is never a problem. If the website is "canadian" you can
usually assume the currency is Canadian. I've found that most times where
you must pay in U.S. currency it will say so. Oc course if you pay online
by Credit Card as opposed to mailing a cheque (check), they will charge your
account in the appropriate currency. I've never encountered or heard of
anyone being "taken" by unscrupulous companies.

Clark