Where get tactile keytop sticker for keyboard

Old April 12th 09, 06:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Trev[_2_]

Default Where get tactile keytop sticker for keyboard

I have some custom functions assigned to some keys on my keyboard.
I want to mark those keys so I don't have to look down and confirm
I'm pressing the correct key.

I figured I'd stick some blobs with a different feeling on those
keys but that wasn't very successful. Then I figured I could to use
a few braille keytop stickers for those keys.

WOW! The price for those braille stickers is so high!!! I'm in the
UK and get hits like this one which costs about 20 pounds sterling
(almost 30 dollars)!! That's just gouging.

http://www.adapt-it.org.uk/products/...p-stickers.asp

If I had to pay those crazy prices it would be cheaper to buy
another keyboard, take the key caps, bash some dents from the
inside with a hammer & nail, and put them on my keyboard. Only
trouble is I need to mess about matching the key caps.

It's got to be easier to get some cheap "bumpy stickers". Where can
I get these from in the UK without paying ridiculous prices.
Old April 12th 09, 06:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
harikeo[_2_]

Trev wrote:
[...]

Why not just assign the keys and use them? You'll soon get used to where
the keys are located like I did when I first used Winkey.
Old April 12th 09, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Grinder

Trev wrote:
[...]

How about just getting an embossing labeler?

http://global.dymo.com/enUS/Products...er_Xpress.html
Old April 12th 09, 07:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
jinxy

On Apr 12, 2:19*pm, Grinder wrote:
Trev wrote:
[...]

http://global.dymo.com/enUS/Products...r_Xpress.html- Hide quoted text -

Use a small file or a Dremel tool to notch the key edges.

-J
Old April 12th 09, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Trev[_3_]

"Trev" wrote in message
[...]

What about small blobs of glue or Touch-up paint

Old April 12th 09, 08:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Trev[_4_]

http://www.adapt-it.org.uk/products/braille-keytop-
stickers.asp

If I had to pay those crazy prices it would be cheaper to buy
another keyboard, take the key caps, bash some dents from the
inside with a hammer & nail, and put them on my keyboard.
Only trouble is I need to mess about matching the key caps.

It's got to be easier to get some cheap "bumpy stickers".
Where can I get these from in the UK without paying
ridiculous prices.

Why not just assign the keys and use them? You'll soon get
used to where the keys are located like I did when I first
used Winkey.

Each key runs a special function from a macro which does a lot
of work. If I get the wrong key then I get a real mess. The
markers are a safety check.
Old April 12th 09, 09:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Cicero

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 18:39:01 +0100, Trev wrote:

[...]

Depending on how many you need you could use shirt buttons filed to
different shapes and attached with a cheap glue gun.

Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door

Old April 12th 09, 10:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Don Phillipson[_4_]

"Trev" wrote in message

I have some custom functions assigned to some keys on my
keyboard. I want to mark those keys so I don't have to look
down and confirm I'm pressing the correct key.

I figured I'd stick some blobs with a different feeling on
those keys but that wasn't very successful. Then I figured I
could to use a few braille keytop stickers for those keys

Each key runs a special function from a macro which does a lot
of work. If I get the wrong key then I get a real mess. The
markers are a safety check.

Touch typists do not need such safety checks. If the
wrong kb macro creates a "real mess," perhaps you
can design better macros? You might program every
macro to display itself on screen, without the last Go
command, then require a separate CR to execute it.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Old April 15th 09, 08:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
GB

Depending on how many you need you could use shirt buttons filed to
different shapes and attached with a cheap glue gun.

Or just globs of glue or silicone.