I know I posted this before but....

Old July 1st 03, 04:22 PM
Paul \(Erie\)

Default I know I posted this before but....

I know I posted this before but its to far behind and the server I use no
longer has it.

Anyway. I have an 80GB HDD. I Have WIN 2K on it. I want to format the
drive and then make two Partitions....both about 37.25Gb each.

Then I want to load WIN 2K on one partition and WIN XP on Another.

How do I go about formating and partitioning the drive? Do I just insert
the WIN 2K disk and it will give me the option...even if the WIN 2K is
installed now?

thanks

Old July 1st 03, 04:36 PM
S.Heenan

Paul (Erie) wrote:
I know I posted this before but its to far behind and the server I
use no longer has it.

Anyway. I have an 80GB HDD. I Have WIN 2K on it. I want to format
the drive and then make two Partitions....both about 37.25Gb each.

Then I want to load WIN 2K on one partition and WIN XP on Another.

How do I go about formating and partitioning the drive? Do I just
insert the WIN 2K disk and it will give me the option...even if the
WIN 2K is installed now?

thanks

Boot from the Windows 2000 Pro CD. Delete and create partitions as required.
Format C: using NTFS. Install Windows 2000 Pro. Boot from the Windows XP CD
, format D: and install Windows XP.

--
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
you. This is the principle difference between a dog and a man. -Samuel