partitions

Old March 6th 16, 07:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
scbs29

Default partitions

Hello
I have a PB iXtreme X6620 UK which when I had it had Windows 7 Home
64-bit installed. The C: drive consisted of 3 partitions, PQSERVICE,
SYSTEM RESERVED and the rest of the drive with Win7.
I installed Windows 7 Professional, but left the partitions as they
were. The SYSTEM RESERVED partition is marked as active. Am I correct
in assuming that bootup starts with the SYSTEM RESERVED partition as
the active one ?
Since I will never revert to Win7 Home, I want to remove these first
two partitions and extend the WIn7 Pro partition to cover them and
make this partition active.
If I do this, will this affect the system booting ? Will I have to
reset MBR ? Will I have to modify the BIOS to boot from the new active
partition?
Any adviced gratefully received
TIA

--
remove fred before emailing
Old March 6th 16, 07:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
scbs29

On Sun, 06 Mar 2016 18:30:33 +0000, scbs29
wrote:

[...]

Checking again, the SYSTEM RESERVED partition is set as Active and
Boot.

--
remove fred before emailing

Old April 8th 16, 07:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

[...]

Back up the parition you want
Using Windows 7 system image
To an external HD
Restore from image
If it does not boot
Use Cd and pick repair computer with PRO CD
Old April 8th 16, 08:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
[email protected]

[...]

MY REG NAME IS METRONID
One of the originals
I do not know where spiffy came from must have multiple accounts
I know write software for Ham Radio the software defined radio aspect
You can just backup the programs and pertinent info also
Fresh install than use backup
I myself would then add Ubunto as a 2nd OS
It is virtually hack proof
You can run windows programs on it
You will learn new things