Inking a Tricolor #57

Old April 19th 04, 11:00 PM
Dave C.

Default Inking a Tricolor #57

I'm getting messages that the ink in my #57 is getting low (Photosmart
7660). When one color runs out, I assume I should refill all three inks.
Does it matter if I refill them before I get a runout of one of the colors?
My feeling is that it does not matter, but I just want to check.

I just read from another poster about the mix of inks with residue HP inks
could cause the ink to foam or stop or slow down the flow to the head. Is
this a possible issue in the general case?

--
Dave C.

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

Old April 20th 04, 12:08 AM
Dave C.

Thanks, I will pull it out and refill all three colors.

--
Dave C.

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

"E. Barry Bruyea" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:00:00 -0400, "Dave C."
wrote:

I'm getting messages that the ink in my #57 is getting low (Photosmart
7660). When one color runs out, I assume I should refill all three inks.
Does it matter if I refill them before I get a runout of one of the

colors?
My feeling is that it does not matter, but I just want to check.

*Never* let one of the colours run dry if you can help it. They can
be a bitch to get going again; sometimes, never.

Old April 20th 04, 08:33 AM
Trev

"Dave C." wrote in message
Thanks, I will pull it out and refill all three colors.

Make sure you get the colours right . the HP label is misleading.
Left to right Y,M,C. or stick a cocktail stick in first to see what
colour is in there.

My comments on mixing where to do with Black, that's the one that
foam's. But with all Carts. If they run dry, the resistors that create
the heat to force the ink out, can without any ink over heat and melt.
Then it makes no difference how you fill they just will not work

Old April 20th 04, 09:33 PM
Dave C.

Thanks, I filled the tricolor last night and all went OK. I did get the
colors right, but sticking in a cocktail stick or toothpick to confirm the
color makes sense. The cartridge has a couple of other holes and a mistake
could be easy.

When I started printing, it took many cleaning cycles to finally getting the
three colors to print correct. Some jets did not respond right away. It
almost seemed that the cart did not like the new ink. The chemistry could
possibly not be exact.

But finally the printing went well except there is one jet not yet working
(cyan). I made sure the contacts were clean. Maybe not critical, but after
a while it might start to work.

I have about 20% left in the black cart (#56). I think I will pull that
cart and top it off with the black ink so as to blend the ink in.

The ink I bought is pigmented black. Never thought to check, but should the
refill ink be pigmented or non-pigmented.

Old April 22nd 04, 03:40 AM
Dave C.

Rinsing under cold water did the job, and the blocked nozzle seems OK but a
little intermittent....minor point now, and it may work itself out. Thanks.

Any comment on pigmented vs. non pigmented black ink for the cart #56? The
supplier has both types available and said the pigmented is a little more
permanent.

--
Dave C.

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

"E. Barry Bruyea" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:33:48 -0400, "Dave C."
wrote:

Try running the cart under cold water. I've had good success with
that, strange as it sounds.

Old April 23rd 04, 11:00 PM
Dave C.

Filled the black cartridge with great success....works fine. Had no problem
resetting the ink level readout.

But on my tri-color cart, one nozzle on the cyan definitely is clogged,
tried the tricks suggested on this NG to no avail....flushing with water,
etc. I was very careful when handling it, but I must have done something to
stop up that one nozzle. For photos, it is not noticeable so it' OK for
now.