can you help me?

Old January 6th 13, 10:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jean-Noël Robin

Default can you help me?

I try in english:

My Processor Intel Core I5 3350P on motherboard Asus P9Z77 VLK works at 1333
Ghz and not at 1600 in the BIOS, like the RAM DDR3.

I already change the memory without success.

I try to use an another firmware but it seems become of the BIOS and i don't
want use the OC.

Anymore help.

Merci.

Old January 7th 13, 01:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Jean-Noël Robin wrote:
I try in english:

My Processor Intel Core I5 3350P on motherboard Asus P9Z77 VLK works at
1333
Ghz and not at 1600 in the BIOS, like the RAM DDR3.

I already change the memory without success.

I try to use an another firmware but it seems become of the BIOS and i
don't
want use the OC.

Anymore help.

Merci.

http://ark.intel.com/products/69114/...30-GHz?q=3350P

Memory Types DDR3-1333/1600

That means DDR3-1600 is a standard speed, and not an "overclock".

The SPD chip on the DIMM, plays a part in the BIOS choice.
A DDR3-1600 DIMM, can contain "DDR3-1333" setting in
the SPD chip on the DIMM. This tells the BIOS to run 1333.

To change that, you enter the BIOS, and override the "Auto" setting,
and enter 1600 manually.

It is not overclocking, because it is meant to go that fast.
It just requires manually entering the number. Only if you
forced the thing to run above 1600 speed, then, it would
be officially overclocking of the memory interface.

This would not happen, if the DDR3 DIMM SPD chip was coded
with 1600 stored in it in the first place.

You can check the contents of the SPD chips, using the utility CPU-Z
(from cpuid.com). You can use the "no-install" version.

This is a DIMM from the 2x2GB pair on my DDR2 motherboard.
The SPD has three speed tables showing. The "400MHz" is for
DDR2-800 (circled in red). Now, say the module rating printed on
the package was DDR2-1066. This would be perfectly normal. The
motherboard would read "DDR2-800" from the SPD table, and set it
up for DDDR-800. The BIOS does that, because 1066 is not in the table
at all. But 1066 is printed on the package the RAM came in, and
is the officially tested speed.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/933/cpuzspd.gif

What I do in a case like that is:

AI Overclock Tuner [Auto -- Manual] This setting gives me control.
Memory Frequency [Auto -- Manual] This setting gives me control.

The pictures in the user manual for your motherboard, are too fuzzy
to read (thank you Asus!), but somewhere there should be an adjustment
at that point, to change from 1333 to 1600. All you need to do
is change the speed. The TRAS/TCAS/TRCD and the like can be left
at Auto.

Normally, I'd test with a copy of memtest86+. Or alternately, if you
want to test using your Windows install, it is OK to do that as
long as you have a complete backup of C:. Memory which is improperly
adjusted, can corrupt the Windows Registry when it is written back to disk
at shutdown. I would normally not connect my Windows C: drive, until
the computer is thoroughly tested. You can do such testing
with a Linux LiveCD, as a CD won't get corrupted by bad
RAM. If you want to take a chance with your Windows install,
that is OK if you have a good backup copy to use later.

Paul
Old January 7th 13, 01:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jean-Noël Robin

"Paul" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

Jean-Noël Robin wrote:
[...]

Bonjour,

Thank you Paul I try to translate your Text.

Asus has the same Answer.

Greetings.

Old January 19th 13, 06:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jean-Noël Robin

Jean-Noël Robin wrote:
[...]

Hello,

I use XMP in "ai tweaker" "Ai Overclock Tuner" and it's not so bad.

But the intel inf driver and the firmware of Asus p8z77 vlk is not so good.

Again thanks Paul.

Old January 24th 13, 04:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jean-Noël Robin

Jean-Noël Robin wrote:
[...]

With Windows 8 pro the system is not correctly detect.

And, i repeat, i suppose it's become firmware which i cannot install.

The error message is "Can not install 8.1 because 8.0 is not install.

Any more help?

Greetings.

Old January 24th 13, 05:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Jean-Noël Robin wrote:

With Windows 8 pro the system is not correctly detect.

And, i repeat, i suppose it's become firmware which i cannot install.

The error message is "Can not install 8.1 because 8.0 is not install.

Any more help?

Greetings.

Are you saying there is a Windows 8.1 Pro ? I'm not sure
I understand where this error message

"Can not install 8.1 because 8.0 is not install"

is coming from. Is the message from the Windows 8 installer
DVD, while installing Windows 8 ?

There is a reference in the Knowledge page here,
to problems related to booting. The BIOS has a
"UEFI/Legacy Boot" option, which can be set for
UEFI or Legacy mode. But that probably does not
affect your attempt to install software - it would
only cause a problem on the next reboot.

http://support.asus.com/faq/detail.a...E-8CE9320AA1DB

Reading the Wikipedia article on UEFI, suggests to
me that a GPT partitioned disk, may be the
means of supporting "UEFI Boot", but I can't be sure
about that.

*******

In any case, please try to describe what you're doing, in more
detail.

Paul
Old January 24th 13, 07:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jean-Noël Robin

"Paul" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :

Jean-Noël Robin wrote:

With Windows 8 pro the "system"(of windows performance indice) is not
correctly detect.

And, i repeat, i suppose it's become "firmware" which i cannot install.

The error message is "Can not install "firmware 8.1" because "firmware
8.0" is not install.

Any more help to install the firmware(microprogramme in french of site
Asus download?

But it's perhaps cause, i have install two graphic cards Sapphire HD
7750(and the driver 13.10 don't resolve my problem.

Greetings(and thanks).

Old January 24th 13, 10:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Jean-Noël Robin wrote:

But it's perhaps cause, i have install two graphic cards Sapphire HD
7750(and the driver 13.10 don't resolve my problem.

Greetings(and thanks).

What happens if you unplug one of the two HD7750 cards,
then do the software operation again ?

Paul
Old January 24th 13, 11:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Jean-Noël Robin

Jean-Noël Robin wrote:

But it's perhaps cause, i have install two graphic cards Sapphire HD
7750(and the driver 13.10 don't resolve my problem.

Greetings(and thanks).

What happens if you unplug one of the two HD7750 cards,
then do the software operation again ?

Paul

I have just verify the version of intel firmware version and it's allright.

sorry for the wrong enquiries, i try always to understand, why the Microsoft
indice performance don't work.

Thanks a lot Paul.

Old January 24th 13, 01:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Paul

Jean-Noël Robin wrote:

I have just verify the version of intel firmware version and it's allright.

sorry for the wrong enquiries, i try always to understand, why the
Microsoft indice performance don't work.

Thanks a lot Paul.

OK, sounds like you were using Windows Experience Index.

It's possible the graphics tests, do not favor SLI and Crossfire,
and so the same test results come from using one card or two cards.

The benefit of two cards, can be measured by using a gaming benchmark.
Try a 3DMark with one or two video cards, and see how the score
differs.

3DMark2005 (298MB download)

http://www.majorgeeks.com/3DMark05_d4376.html

Paul