CD VOB files to DVD

Old November 4th 05, 03:07 AM
Dan G

Default CD VOB files to DVD

Have you tried changing the file extensions to ".MPG" ?

"XP" wrote in message
HELP.

Not really a news group for DVD stuff but the DVD group seems a bit dead.

I have some small THX demos that are on a CD encoded as VOB files, with

file
names, how to I make a DVD compilation with them..?

My Searches so far have not help as they refer to other formats converted

DVD..

I need some thing that can make a DVD compilation with my VOB files, so

can burn it with Nero or some thing else.

I have tried Nero Vision Express 3 but it does not load these VOB files,

even
though it has a DVD VOB file selection option.

Can any one help or point to me were I can get some help

These are the files that I am trying to convert to DVD...

AC3TEST.VOB
Aurora.vob
Canyon.vob
City.vob
dts Experience.vob
dts Piano.vob
dtsDigitalExperience.vob
Egypt.vob
Rain.vob
THX - Les rivires pourpres.vob
THX Broadway.vob
THX Cimmarron.vob
THX Grand.vob
THX Jungle.vob
THX Moocan.vob
THX Tex.vob
THX The Simpsons.vob
Train.vob

To this DVD Format

Like this

VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_02_0.BUP

I have a tool to generate the IFO/BUP Files.

Thanks

Old November 4th 05, 03:21 AM
Marlin Singer

"XP" wrote in message
[...]

It may be worth a shot to just create a directory on your hard drive
called video_ts, create the extra files, and move all to this directory.
Then just burn a data DVD. Not sure it's that simple, but when you look
at a DVD thru explorer, the directory, and vob, ifo, and bup files are
what you see. Don't know if you will need to create an empty audio_ts
directory or not. Wouldn't hurt.
Old November 4th 05, 05:34 AM
Dan G

"XP" wrote in message
On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:07:49 -0700, "Dan G" wrote:

Have you tried changing the file extensions to ".MPG" ?

Is that the MPEG 2 File extension..?

Yes. DVD's are MPEG-2 and all authoring programs will open them.