ATI Drivers Working Yahoooo!!!!

Old September 17th 03, 09:38 PM
Miguel

Default ATI Drivers Working Yahoooo!!!!

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:22:58 +0000, Miguel wrote:

Took a few trials but I have acceleration. Ye Haaawwww

Miguel

I mean in Redhat 8.0

scuse Me
Old September 17th 03, 09:46 PM
..Si..

"Miguel" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:22:58 +0000, Miguel wrote:

Took a few trials but I have acceleration. Ye Haaawwww

Miguel

I mean in Redhat 8.0

scuse Me

Bad boy, dont do it again.

..Si.

Old September 20th 03, 09:55 PM
Jay \Boogieman\ Edwards

"Miguel" wrote in newsan.2003.09.17.05.22.58.139472
@coyote.com:

Took a few trials but I have acceleration. Ye Haaawwww

Well, I was going to post this as a new thread, but since you brought it
up here...

I'm considering dumping my Windows crap. I have 4 PC's on a home LAN and
it's just too much work keeping all these PC's running right under
windoze. I have to switch to Linux before I lose my mind. I work 50+
hours a week and the load is just too much, even with switching 3 of
these over to w2k, windows *still* crashes and get's messed up by virii,
etc, all the time.

I tried Mandrake 8 and SuSE 7 a while back but they didn't support 3d on
my Radeon 8500VE 128 or my 9000Pro 128 cards.

We are all Quake 3 addicts... we don't function properly in our daily
lives if we don't get at least a couple hours of fragging in every day!
I've got a few Linux versions here I bought for $1.99 a while back
(mainly just for the working keys - heck, it was way cheaper than buying
3 more win32 versions), so I can setup our Q3 server and gaming rigs with
Q3 no problem, and most of the other games we play also have Linux
versions.

The problem comes down to the radeons. If we can't play games with proper
acceleration, then we'd have to keep windows anyway. I could dual boot,
but I'd really rather just have one OS to deal with. The 8500 uses the
R200 GPU, the 9000Pro uses the R250. I know there wasn't spectacular work
being done initially for these GPU's as far as Linux support was
concerned, but I'm really hoping that some headway has been made.