Took 3 months to get a keyboard

Old February 13th 18, 12:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Took 3 months to get a keyboard

First one was an Ebay scam out of China.

Crypto- Ebay/China -Currency.

The seller first lists, waits for the buyer's take, then pulls out and
disappears with the buyer's money.

Ebay facilitates the scam with its 2-month adjudication policy:
2-month's shipping time, exclusively, for Chinese mail to process
before negotiations are allowed.

Instant crypto currency. Draw out the money, from as many accounts as
possible, and sit on the interest for 2 months. It could be worse for
lesser countries, I suppose.

So I bought the next keyboard from Amazon, which has entirely
different rules regulating acceptable shipping times.

Lighted LEDs, a few basic lighting schemes, some programmability I
haven't yet exercised. However fair can be placed between a literal
steal and what constitutes playing a game and a keyboard. Chinese
mechanical key workings have acceptable tactile responses. Lighting
is better than I'd expected for a decently lighted room;- gamers,
sitting in the dark, the thought never actually entered my mind, at
least as rational.

Time remains. My last mechanical board is over a decade old and still
functions perfectly. It also cost perhaps fourfold more than this.
Old February 13th 18, 11:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Mon, 12 Feb 2018 18:52:10 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

So I bought the next keyboard from Amazon, which has entirely
different rules regulating acceptable shipping times.

And now Amazon is selling basically the same keyboard, different
brand, for $10 less than I paid -- promotional sale at $20 less the
regular price with a coupon code.

Figures.

I wanted reviews though, which mine has, whereas the sale model has
three. I'd bet the quality is practically indistinguishable, i.e. a
hell'va lot for Chinese mechanical blues;- Blacks are preferable: I
like the heavier, roughly a quarter more actuation feel.

Basically give-away prices, at least to me, being a mechanical key
switch type since Day 1, Ground ALPS Zero.

There's actually two models in the sale, both full-sized and compact,
both the same manufacturer. A no-brainier, as the compact is
marginally less, $10 or so bucks -- with No LEDs, though.

The LED orientation is pretty good, but could be better for the sake
of pickiness. A little bit better designations for the etching,
especially the numeric pad's dual-role functionality. Lighting is by
default horizontally designated for a single colour, or six colors;-
the rest, promotional effects, are gimmicks for children. A positive
feeling, still, to glance down at brightly enough identifiers
illuminating the individual keys.

Provided LEDs which never quit, or etching, from which they shine
through, that doesn't smear, wear, to expand into a translucent blur.
In the field of Idealistic Engineering, but of course.

Oh and yeah. And this is important to get it down right. Never Ever
buy a white keyboard, like both my first Northgates.
Old February 14th 18, 05:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel[_2_]

wrote:

Time remains. My last mechanical board is over a decade old and still
functions perfectly. It also cost perhaps fourfold more than this.

I'm typing this on a Northgate Omnikey Ultra.

I haven't found anything to match it.

Das Keyboard looks nice but they lack the function keys on the
left--and I still make a lot of use of them. I can reliably touch
type them, I can't do the same with the ones on top.

Also, it has two keypads--one num-locked, one not.
Old February 14th 18, 08:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:21:57 -0800, Loren Pechtel
wrote:

I'm typing this on a Northgate Omnikey Ultra.

I haven't found anything to match it.

Das Keyboard looks nice but they lack the function keys on the
left--and I still make a lot of use of them. I can reliably touch
type them, I can't do the same with the ones on top.

Also, it has two keypads--one num-locked, one not.

Those number-locks, Cntrl, that stuff, variously may be assigned viz
interrupt-rerouting software;- switching the Caps Lock into another
CNTRL, e.g. is more productive, for me, than rarely having to type,
makeshift at either Shift Keys for ALL CAPS.

Other than some ROM programmability in these Chinese mechanical
designs, it's more akin to a whole new- vrs old-school keyboard
market;- it would also be well to wholly ignore the gaming market's
felicitous presumption that a quality designed instruments for
transcriptions uniquely qualifies diversionary amusements.

Of course the Amazon coupon-code deal, $48 reduced to a $28 sale,
earlier yesterday, is unprecedented for full-sized, 101-keys ...
individually-lighted mechanical keys. A disparity either for present,
or past, placement among mechanicals, which traditionally start closer
to $100 if not higher. And another Oriental crack, of late, at
reducing technologically assessed practical values into their LCD.

The six rows of lighting on mine are different from a almost-same
model from Amazon's listing yesterday. (SlickDeals Rottray or some
such;- Amazon also can be abrupt if not downright misleading on sales,
although I did check it for good earlier yesterday.)

Basically three less useful, near illegible;- first row and topmost
two being respectively purple, blue, and red, all in deep hues, which
renders them less conspicuous than the highly lucid middle three rows,
respectively in intense shades white, green, and orange. I suppose
the middle three rows are a brunt of typing, and the latter occur for
ideographs concentrically to distinguish computer (from a typewriter
of the first half of the last century). A good feature, with naught
for a mention, as a lighting schemes are gimmicks, in this class of
board, beyond a consideration for their ROM default.

As I said, I really like it though, so far as for my first LED
keyboard. The other consideration being getting back to accustomed
fashion, as the 87-key was all messed-up -- driving me a little
farther, every day, up-the-wall. A full 101-keyboard has to be my
choice of instrument for comfort. I gotten used, can stretch, at
reasonable comfort level, from standard classical measures to a guitar
fretboard, at the B-note, on the first string, to the wound
6th-string's G at the 3rd fret. That's between my index and little
finger.

Typing with my fingers inside a couple tin cans is my impression of an
87-keyed board.

Win 8 after 3 months Steve W.[_4_] Dell Computers 10 May 8th 13 05:34 AM
hobbicolors ink fades in 2 months [email protected] Printers 13 August 30th 08 09:30 AM
8800's are $500+ now.. what about in 6 months? Snugglemonster Nvidia Videocards 2 June 13th 07 02:11 AM
Storing or 2 months. waca Printers 5 May 6th 05 08:53 AM
Best "AIW" value in the last 18 months? Barry Ati Videocards 5 April 2nd 04 02:02 AM