HP 8250 problem: printer is offline

Old October 1st 16, 04:02 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Default HP 8250 problem: printer is offline

Hi,

I use a HP 8250 Photosmart inkjet printer for photos, and have had no
problems until now.

Suddenly, it will print from e-mails or from internet pages, but will
not print my photos from Picasa. Trying to find out why, I noticed that
it says that the printer is offline.

How do I get it back from offline? HP no longer supports this printer. I
use it for many color photos, and it is important to me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mort Linder
Old October 1st 16, 04:21 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Default HP 8250 problem: printer is offline. FIXED

Hi,

I stumbled onto a fix,and all is OK now. Thanks.

Mort Linder

Old October 2nd 16, 12:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Ant wrote:
What was your fix?

My Picasa printing output was set to HP 8250. I changed it to HP 8250(1)
and then it worked. I do not know why my Windows 7 has 2 icons listed
for the same printer. Perhaps Bill Gates knows.

Mort Linder
Old October 3rd 16, 01:53 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ant

Mort wrote:
Ant wrote:
What was your fix?

My Picasa printing output was set to HP 8250. I changed it to HP 8250(1)
and then it worked. I do not know why my Windows 7 has 2 icons listed
for the same printer. Perhaps Bill Gates knows.

I have seen something like that with Mac OS X. I think it was because of
different USB ports or drivers. I forget.
--
Quote of the Week: "To the gods I am an ant, but to the ants, I am a god." --unknown
| |o o| |