Is D945 Chipset Windows 7 Compatible?

Old April 16th 10, 07:16 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Don[_14_]

Default Is D945 Chipset Windows 7 Compatible?

Can I run Windows 7 on a PC with an Intel D945GNT series motherboard?
I'm not using the onboard audio or video chips. If necessary, can I
download the chipset drivers? It has 4 gigs or ram and dual core 3.4
ghz processor. I know it's over three years old, but it is fast enough
for me.

Thanks
Old April 16th 10, 11:14 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
William R. Walsh

Hi!

Can I run Windows 7 on a PC with an Intel D945GNT series motherboard?

Yes you can, and it's likely to run very well. As the 945 chipset predates
Windows 7, you may not require any chipset drivers or INF files for it.

If you were going to spring for an upgrade, you might consider increasing
the amount of RAM on the board. You should have at least 1GB installed.

William

Old April 16th 10, 11:22 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Ed Light

If you know someone with a Win 7 Upgrade disk, you can install it
without entering the number and without activating it, and it will run
for a month fully functional, so you could see how it worked out. Often,
when you run the Windows Update manually it will offer some optional
hardware drivers.
--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.
Old April 17th 10, 12:12 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Ed Light

On 4/16/2010 3:22 PM, Ed Light wrote:
If you know someone with a Win 7 Upgrade disk, you can install it
without entering the number and without activating it, and it will run
for a month fully functional, so you could see how it worked out. Often,
when you run the Windows Update manually it will offer some optional
hardware drivers.

I sort of forgot about the whole clean install with the upgrade thing.

http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/cle...rade_media.asp

Old April 17th 10, 06:59 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Jim[_31_]

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/18052/eng/relnotes.htm
Intel has drivers all the way down to that POS 810. SOL if you want upgrade
your overclocked Celeron on 440BX.
And Nvidia can't even do Vista drivers for nForce3.

Old April 21st 10, 11:04 AM
JohnKSmith JohnKSmith is offline
Junior Member

Hello Everybody

Can I run Windows 7 on a PC
with an Intel D945GNT series motherboard?
I'm not using the onboard audio or video chips. If necessary, can I
download the chipset drivers? It has 4 gigs or ram and dual core 3.4
ghz processor. I know it's over three years old, but it is fast enough
for me.
__________________
Oxygen Plant | Oxygen Plants
Old June 12th 10, 11:38 AM
basujojun1110 basujojun1110 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnKSmith View Post
Hello Everybody

Can I run Windows 7 on a PC
with an Intel D945GNT series motherboard?
I'm not using the onboard audio or video chips. If necessary, can I
download the chipset drivers? It has 4 gigs or ram and dual core 3.4
ghz processor. I know it's over three years old, but it is fast enough
for me.
Yes you can. You can Download it from inernet.

Thanks.