ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe issue?

Old April 8th 06, 06:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe issue?

"LEF" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey Jadd, thanks for that, but yeh I have plugged the CPU_FAN into the
correct plug on the mobo.

Actually that was GBM

I have a question though, on the mobo there is a 3 Pin connector called
PWR FAN, should that be plugged into something?

thats far an optional connector from the PSU

THe Chassis fan (120mm) comes with a 4 pin (typical HDD type power
plug) attached. I have plugged that into a free 4 pin power plug
coming from the PSU.

Thats works fine...
there is also a chassis fan header also for 3 pin type chassis fans

Now the PSU, has one 3 pin power connector which in the manual calls it
an (optional) FAN MONITOR plug.

thats the one that goes to the PWR FAN header

For testing sake the fact it says
OPTIONAL shouldn't stop the PC booting if I don't connect it, but if a
were to connect it should I connect it a spare chassis fan plug on the
mobo or should I plug it into the PWR FAN 3 pin connector/plug I
mentioned earlier?

yes optional and not needed.

thanks in advance

Old April 9th 06, 11:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Dave & JAD, thanks for all your help and insight.

Turns out to be the PSU!!! (Dave you may want to note that!!! )

Tried another PSU on my system and it booted fine.

Oh well, it happens I guess...

Serenity Now!

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. 2 Thumbs up.

LEF.

Old April 9th 06, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"LEF" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dave & JAD, thanks for all your help and insight.

Turns out to be the PSU!!! (Dave you may want to note that!!! )

Tried another PSU on my system and it booted fine.

Oh well, it happens I guess...

Serenity Now!

Thanks guys, very much appreciated. 2 Thumbs up.

LEF.

A seasonic power supply was defective?!? Damn, I just purchased
end-of-world insurance, but that 30-day limited payout clause is gonna HURT.

Power supply problems like that are quite common, but like I said before,
this is the first time I've ever even heard of a seasonic being bad.
oted. -Dave