First time builder seeking help.

Old March 25th 06, 05:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default First time builder seeking help.

I've been planning these parts for two weeks and have been refining the
list ever since, but more input from pro's can never hurt. I was
wondering if anyone would mind giving some pointers? Are these parts
compatible? Are they good parts? Is there anything else I should invest
in? Any help would be great. I plan on using the computer for alot of
graphic design, especially Adobe products, and I guess a little gaming.
Thanks alot!

EPoX EP-9NPA+ SLi Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard -
Retail

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1GHz HT Socket 939 E6 Processor - Retail

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit
System Memory - Retail

SONY 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With 5X DVD-RAM Write Black ATAPI/E-IDE
Model DW-G120A-B2 - OEM

SAPPHIRE Radeon X800 100107L-BL Video Card - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 120GB 3.5" IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-430 ATX12V 430W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, TUV,
CB, FCC CLASS B, CUL - Retail

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UB Black /Blue Computer Case - Retail

Old March 25th 06, 05:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote:
[...]

You would save money to buy a case/PSU combo. How about this one:
Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
450Watt SmartPower 2.0 ATX 12V V2.0 for AMD & Intel systems Power Supply
- Retail
$93.99 including shipping after rebate

Yours is about $126.
Old March 25th 06, 07:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:05:06 -0800, zimarooski inscribed to the world:
in? Any help would be great. I plan on using the computer for alot of
graphic design, especially Adobe products, and I guess a little gaming.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1GHz HT Socket 939 E6 Processor - Retail

You are getting a socket 939 mobo, why not consider going the extra
distance and get an Athlon 64 X2 (dual core) cpu? Of course budget ($) is
a factor, I suppose you could upgrade in the future.

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit
System Memory - Retail

Perhaps consider getting a single or even two 1GB modules (2x1GB)-- if you
buy the 2x512 you will occupy two of your memory slots with 512MB chips,
which you might have to junk or ebay if you want to upgrade memory later.
Depends on how intense graphics you plan to do-- do the math and see what
kind of ram you need. For example, I am building a somewhat similar
system, going dual core cpu, and 4GB RAM because I will be doing 20x30
inch graphic images 10 layers 300dpi 24bits-- which can easily utilize the
4GB of system RAM.

Old March 25th 06, 07:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

tell you the truth i cant see why it aint compatible

Old March 25th 06, 07:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Squibbly" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

the critcal component is the memory

Old March 26th 06, 03:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

SONY 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With 5X DVD-RAM Write Black
ATAPI/E-IDE Model DW-G120A-B2 - OEM

You might want to consider something that is bundled with
oem software unless you have other plans in that department.

Old March 26th 06, 03:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

You might want to consider something that is bundled with
oem software unless you have other plans in that department.

Last I knew, Lite-on was producing drives for Sony. Here's a
Lite-on that is bundled with Nero OEM Suite *and* PowerDVD.

Old March 26th 06, 06:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

I can give you my input from a different google group:
http://groups.google.com/group/64-bit_Hardware__OSs
You would need to become a member, then copy and post
this topic there.

Old March 26th 06, 10:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

I read your specs, and I think that this is a decent system. All the
suggestions replied to you are good too. My own a I would bung in a
creative X-FI soundcard, but you might not see this as a priority, just to
let you know that when I got one of these I was impressed with it!