list of cpu makes and models and there temp specs

Old July 13th 03, 12:44 PM
Andrew Crook

Default list of cpu makes and models and there temp specs

I would like a list of cpu makes and models and there range of temp for
health usage.
This is so a can properly setup temp moniter facilities that come built in
motherboards and cases.

could somebody help?

Andrew

Old July 13th 03, 12:55 PM
Al Dykes

In article ,
Andrew Crook wrote:
I would like a list of cpu makes and models and there range of temp for
health usage.
This is so a can properly setup temp moniter facilities that come built in
motherboards and cases.

could somebody help?

That's a pretty broad query.

Intel and AMD have spec sheets for each of theor CPU models on their
respective web sites. Somewhere in the specs is the temp ratings. I just
looked up a couple the other day.

Have a ball.

Andrew

--
Al Dykes
-----------

Old July 13th 03, 02:02 PM
S.Heenan

Andrew Crook wrote:
I would like a list of cpu makes and models and there range of temp
for health usage.
This is so a can properly setup temp moniter facilities that come
built in motherboards and cases.

could somebody help?

Andrew

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/...4_3748,00.html

ftp://download.intel.com/design/Pent...s/29864310.pdf

Thermal specs can be found in those .pdf documents. In simple terms, if you
can keep the CPU temperature under 50°C whilst under 100% load you're doing
well. Even 55°C isn't too shabby.

--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement

Old July 13th 03, 02:13 PM
Andrew Crook

the cpuid utility says my athlon xp 2600+ is 0x681, I am sure that this
makes it a model 8 therefore a 2133.
However, there is a athlon xp 2600+ listed as a model 10 model number 1917,
but I can not find the cpuid for model 10's.
I think this is N/A

the utility also says my cpu runs a 2.08Ghz, so what is this 2133Mhz (same
as model number)?

which do i have?.. i dont want to open up my pc again

many thanks

Andrew

Old July 13th 03, 02:45 PM
S.Heenan

Andrew Crook wrote:
the cpuid utility says my athlon xp 2600+ is 0x681, I am sure that
this makes it a model 8 therefore a 2133.
However, there is a athlon xp 2600+ listed as a model 10 model number
1917, but I can not find the cpuid for model 10's.
I think this is N/A

the utility also says my cpu runs a 2.08Ghz, so what is this 2133Mhz
(same as model number)?

which do i have?.. i dont want to open up my pc again

CPUID should be 681 or a T-Bred B core. Two different models of the XP2600+
have been made. The 133MHz ( 16 x 133MHz=2133MHz) and the 166MHz ( 12.5 x
166=2083MHz) models. To further confuse things, they added a Model10 Barton
core XP2600+ with 512KB L2 cache running at 11.5 x 166=1917 MHz

--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement