HP m277dw and Office 2007

Old August 29th 16, 04:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Default HP m277dw and Office 2007

My sister bought a new HP m277dw printer for her Windows 8 PC. The
printer supports both USB and wireless modes. I think it got a RJ45 LAN
port, but it's not being used.

I installed the latest driver for that printer downloaded from HP website.

Word 2007 failed to print to it directly, when all other programs (e.g.
Notepad and Chrome) could. Running Word 2007 as administrator fixed the
problem, but that's not the best solution.

Then I found the HP Universal Driver PCL5. Word 2007 could print to the
m277dw via this virtual printer without issues.

I noticed that the Universal PCL5 driver was printing to the wireless
connection of m277dw, not the USB connection. The stock printer driver
printed via the USB connection, but Word 2007 kept saying that the
printer was offline.

Now, what's happening here? I just cannot comprehend it...

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
Old August 29th 16, 07:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
android

In article ,
"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote:

Now, what's happening here? I just cannot comprehend it...

Your subscription is not properly registered. Please contact admin ASAP!
--
teleportation kills
Old August 30th 16, 04:19 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 30/08/16 02:33, android wrote:

Your subscription is not properly registered. Please contact admin ASAP!

What subscription? You don't need registration to use a printer driver.

Old August 31st 16, 02:13 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mr. Man-wai Chang

This may be the answer. Not yet tested! Seems that it's a problem caused
by installation of Office 2013...

[FIX] The Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Unavailable
http://www.kapilarya.com/the-active-...ly-unavailable

Old September 25th 16, 09:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
NotMe

"Mr. Man-wai Chang" wrote in message

[...]

Off topic: HP has instituted new software that blocks after market and
refilled ink cart.

Old September 27th 16, 07:51 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 4:33:55 AM UTC+8, NotMe wrote:

Off topic: HP has instituted new software that blocks after market and
refilled ink cart.

HP m277dw is a color laserjet printer, and doesn't use ink cartridges as in inkjet printers.

BTW, I just noticed that HP released a new Full driver for m277dw on 31 Aug 2016. There are new basic drivers as well.

And my sister phoned me today the m277dw went offline again, even when using a USB flash drive to print locally.

Is this m277dw a very problematic device?
Old September 27th 16, 08:09 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 27/09/16 14:51, wrote:

And my sister phoned me today the m277dw went offline again, even when using a USB flash drive to print locally.

Is this m277dw a very problematic device?

Found two posts:

If your printer drops off your network...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-...k/td-p/3065529

HP Color LaserJet Pro M277dw WiFi won't connect to router unless
Broadcast SSID enabled.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJe...r/td-p/5336343

Old October 8th 16, 03:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mr. Man-wai Chang

For your curiosity, posting notes I found:

HP m277dw gone offline and SNMP

Source:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJe...d/td-p/5038117

I see that with the full software you are getting the Port Match error
from the PSDR, but you can print fine using Universal drivers. Thanks
for providing that detailed information.

There were issues with Windows 8 it was putting the port in as WSD,
which there was a Hot Fix for it, but nothing yet for Windows 10. So we
can check it manually. Check the port assigned to the printer.

From Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click
Printer Properties.
Click on the Ports tab and let me know which one is selected for
the printer. It should be the TCP/IP port.
Click on Configure Port and uncheck the SNMP Status Enabled, and
click OK.
Try printing again.

Related:

Printer server goes offline when you wake up the computer at
another network location in Windows
How to: Fix a network printer suddenly showing as offline in
Windows Vista, 7 or 8
Source:
http://blog.rtwilson.com/how-to-fix-...windows-vista/
If you find that this solves it for a bit but it keeps going
offline again then editing the registry at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Print and adding a
new DWORD called SNMPLegacy with the value 1 and restarting may solve it
(thanks Coxy. Setting the SNMP ‘group name’ to “public” can also help
(thanks PP).
HP Web Jetadmin software

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/solutions/b...tions/wja.html
SNMP disable

http://forum.support.xerox.com/t5/Se...le/td-p/165170
Have you turned SNMP off on two places? If not do as following:
Navigate to Start - Devices and Printers and select the
correct printer, right click and choose “Printer Preferences”.
Go to the “Configuration” tab and press the “Bi-Directional
Setup” button.
Here you can turn “Bi-Directional Communication” off.
You may also need to Navigate to Printer Preferences - Ports
- Configure Port
And turn “SNMP Status Enabled” off there as well. This can be
turned off if the driver gives a false “Printer Offline” message.
What about disabling the ports that SNMP use?
UDP PORT 161: The SNMP agent receives requests through this port.
UDP PORT 162: The SNMP agent receives notifications (Traps)
through this port.
Print server role server 08 r2 hp WSD printer ports

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...winserverprint
Disable PnP-X IP Bus Enumerator service
The PnP-X bus enumerator service manages the virtual network
bus. It discovers network connected devices using the SSDP/WS discovery
protocols and gives them presence in PnP. If this service is stopped or
disabled, presence of NCD devices will not be maintained in PnP. All
pnpx based scenarios will stop functioning.
Or
Use the drop down when initially creating ports and select
Standard TCP/IP Port. The query first performs WSD, if this fails, goes
to SNMP, if this fail, user is prompted to manual port configuration.
You can find the IP in device mananger in the properties of the
WSD Print device (Location Information).
You can't delete these port unless you are deleting a printer
at the same time so once you switch the existing printer to IP, you will
need to create a fake printer to clean up the port.
Network Printers Offline (but not really)

http://serverfault.com/questions/240...but-not-really
Try restarting the local print spooler service on the
workstation in question. (ex: net stop "Print Spooler" && net start
"Print Spooler"). See if that has any effect.
Navigate to the driver properties of the printer, on the
workstation, select "Advanced", select "Print Processor", try setting
"WinPrint" to RAW, or changing to MS_XPS and select RAW.
Check the port on the local workstations that the printer is
configured to use, is it valid or did it mysteriously dissapear? (We've
seen THAT one before. Man, what a pain!)
It's a long-shot, but see if a local firewall is blocking it.
Disable any local firewall/ip filtering and test to see if it works.
We've seen this before, but specifically in this situation: We're
running Symantec EndPoint on all workstations and in some instances, the
local Windows default firewall was showing as enabled and running and
doing some funky, funky blocking.
How to delete unwanted TCP/IP Printer Ports

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w7itprogeneral
Start regedit.exe and browse to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Currentcontrolset\Contro l\Print\Monitors\Standard
TCP/IP Ports and remove the entire key (folder) with the name of the
port you are deleting. You might have to restart the Print Spooler
service after deleting that key to see the change go through. As always
when working with the registry be careful and to be on the safe side
create a System Restore Point before doing the edit.
Accepted Solution how do I stop my window firewall from blocking my
printer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-...r/td-p/1925939
HP printer ports:
137 NetBIOS network Basic Input/Output System - (basic
communication) UDP: Printing, Photo Card Upload
138 NetBIOS network Basic Input/Output System - (basic
communication) UDP: Photo Card Upload
139 NetBIOS network Basic Input/Output System - (basic
communication) TCP: PhotoCard Upload
161 SNMP Simple Network Management Protocol - Monitering
network attached devices UDP: Printing
427 SLP Service Location Protocol (finding out what things can
do on the network) UDP: Printing, Photo Card Upload, Scanning, Faxing,
Installation
9100 PDL page description language - printer control language
(how does the page you want printed look) TCP: Printing
9220 TCP: Scanning, Faxing
9500 TCP: Scanning

(Also posted in https://sites.google.com/site/changm...-metro-crashed)