DP67BG Motherboard

Old June 21st 11, 09:46 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Robert Brereton

Default DP67BG Motherboard

I have just rebuilt my PC using a DP67BG board along with a i5 2500k cpu and
8Gb 1600 RAM (2 x4GB sticks Crucial Ballistix). I had a problem getting
windows 7 Pro 64 bit to install, it would fail at the unpacking files stage.
I ended up taking one of the memory sticks out leaving 1 x 4Gb in slot 1,
windows then loaded correctly. I have subsequently updated the BIOS to ver
1979.

Does anyone know if this a known issue or if there another setting I have
missed in the BIOS? I have not overclocked the machine and it is running at
default settings. I don't really want to have to remove memory every time I
reinstall windows.

TIA

Robert

Old June 22nd 11, 03:40 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 21/06/2011 4:46 PM, Robert Brereton wrote:
I have just rebuilt my PC using a DP67BG board along with a i5 2500k cpu
and 8Gb 1600 RAM (2 x4GB sticks Crucial Ballistix). I had a problem
getting windows 7 Pro 64 bit to install, it would fail at the unpacking
files stage. I ended up taking one of the memory sticks out leaving 1 x
4Gb in slot 1, windows then loaded correctly. I have subsequently
updated the BIOS to ver 1979.

Does anyone know if this a known issue or if there another setting I
have missed in the BIOS? I have not overclocked the machine and it is
running at default settings. I don't really want to have to remove
memory every time I reinstall windows.

It could simply be a bad memory stick. Run Memtest86+ on it, and see if
the stick fails.

Yousuf Khan
Old June 22nd 11, 10:08 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Robert Brereton

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
On 21/06/2011 4:46 PM, Robert Brereton wrote:
I have just rebuilt my PC using a DP67BG board along with a i5 2500k cpu
and 8Gb 1600 RAM (2 x4GB sticks Crucial Ballistix). I had a problem
getting windows 7 Pro 64 bit to install, it would fail at the unpacking
files stage. I ended up taking one of the memory sticks out leaving 1 x
4Gb in slot 1, windows then loaded correctly. I have subsequently
updated the BIOS to ver 1979.

Does anyone know if this a known issue or if there another setting I
have missed in the BIOS? I have not overclocked the machine and it is
running at default settings. I don't really want to have to remove
memory every time I reinstall windows.

It could simply be a bad memory stick. Run Memtest86+ on it, and see if
the stick fails.

Yousuf Khan

I have done that. I also had 2 other sticks and substituted each with the
same result. It seems that others have had similar problems with windows 7
using a variety of board/memory/processor combinations.

Bob