Systems with Light Peak May Hit the Market in 2011

Old September 23rd 10, 07:26 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Yousuf Khan

Default Systems with Light Peak May Hit the Market in 2011

On 9/21/2010 8:20 PM, Intel Guy wrote:
This is why we won't see USB-3 integrated into Intel chipsets for the
foreseeable future...

It's yet another Intel marketing campaign, trying to force the market to
a technology it's not ready for yet. No different than RDRAM, Itanium,
or the various other in-house science projects turned marketing campaigns.

Yousuf Khan
Old September 29th 10, 02:52 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Robert Myers

On Sep 23, 2:26*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 9/21/2010 8:20 PM, Intel Guy wrote:

This is why we won't see USB-3 integrated into Intel chipsets for the
foreseeable future...

It's yet another Intel marketing campaign, trying to force the market to
a technology it's not ready for yet. No different than RDRAM, Itanium,
or the various other in-house science projects turned marketing campaigns..

Clearly, this calls for a UN Cirimes Against Humantity Tribunal. I'm
tired of moral complexity and ambiguity, like so many other good, red-
blooded Americans.

So long as we are pursuing moral absolutes that make life easier for
me and correspond to my prejudices, I can suggest several places
where even more UAV stikes would make the world a better, safer place
for opinionated moralists. Email me privately if you'd like
suggestions for how many more tons I think we should deliver each
month.

Get a grip, will you?

Robert.
Old September 29th 10, 11:06 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 28/09/2010 9:52 PM, Robert Myers wrote:
Get a grip, will you?

I think that's mainly aimed at you yourself.

Yousuf Khan
Old September 30th 10, 12:19 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Robert Myers

On Sep 29, 6:06*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 28/09/2010 9:52 PM, Robert Myers wrote:

Get a grip, *will you?

I think that's mainly aimed at you yourself.

You may have a point. The best strategy for me would be to recognize
that you long ago decided that this is a good venue for airing your
own sense of morality and (in)justice, and there is no point even in
reacting any more.

Robert.
Old October 7th 10, 09:43 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Bill Davidsen

Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 9/21/2010 8:20 PM, Intel Guy wrote:
This is why we won't see USB-3 integrated into Intel chipsets for the
foreseeable future...

It's yet another Intel marketing campaign, trying to force the market to
a technology it's not ready for yet. No different than RDRAM, Itanium,
or the various other in-house science projects turned marketing campaigns.

Bubble memory, the 432 CPU, the BTX motherboard... Intel offers new tech and
sometimes people find it useful, sometimes not. What's the objection to that?
Intel moved SMT from RISC and servers to mass market, and as applications gain
threads to use multi-core, they benefit from hyperthreading. AMD is going with a
variant of SMT with a whole extra integer CPU on chip. Time will tell if that is
better. Lots of lab stuff offered, the useful stays on the market. I don't see
any "force," it may be ahead of its time.

I think USB3 is going to get lots of use, because the mobo and the peripheral
can be upgraded from USB2 in any order, and because many things aren't speed
limited by the bus now.

Faster than USB3 is like SATA-6, the majority of system don't benefit.