Are there any intel-powered HP calculators?

Old May 8th 10, 08:50 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Merciadri Luca

Default Are there any intel-powered HP calculators?

Old May 8th 10, 11:47 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Jim[_31_]

The only Intel CPU to be in an calculator is probably the 4004.

Old May 9th 10, 07:56 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Merciadri Luca

Old May 9th 10, 01:34 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Jim[_31_]

Thanks for pointing that the 4004 is the only one which could have
been used for calculators. I thought there were others.

Looking through Wikipedia revealed the 8008 was also used. Intels embedded
processors (80186,i960,StrongARM) don't look like calculator material and I
doubt we'll be seeing an Atom in a calculator even if Intel wants x86
everywhere.

Old May 9th 10, 04:54 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Merciadri Luca

Old May 10th 10, 01:48 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Tom Lake

"Merciadri Luca" wrote in message

"Jim" writes:

The only Intel CPU to be in an calculator is probably the 4004.

Thanks for pointing that the 4004 is the only one which could have
been used for calculators. I thought there were others.

While the actual chip itself might be limited to a 4004, the Intel instruction
set certainly isn't. The Casio AlgebraFX 2.0 Plus and other Casios use an
Intel 80186 16-bit instruction set (compatible with the Intel 80286 except for
protected mode.)

Tom Lake