USB Powered Hub Recommendation

Old September 30th 04, 06:03 PM
DB

Default USB Powered Hub Recommendation

I'm looking for a powered USB hub for a Dell Inspiron. The laptop only has
two USB ports, and I need more. I assumed a powered hub would be the best,
since I need to connect full size mouse, Canon digital camera, Canon
printer, sometimes a flash drive, and a webcam.

I don't need firewire.

Belkin seems to have the largest selection, the best configuration for
cables (out the rear of unit) but the most expensive. Their hubs also say
they have over-current protection. Do all powered hubs have this? Other
brands I see, but have never heard of, are Dynex and CyberPower.

What should I consider?
Old September 30th 04, 08:47 PM
Richard Dower

There are many self power USB hubs. Take a look on Newegg and see what the
best deal is. Most of them are the same.

. ..

Old September 30th 04, 09:10 PM
Dave C.

"DB" wrote in message
. ..
I'm looking for a powered USB hub for a Dell Inspiron. The laptop only
has
two USB ports, and I need more. I assumed a powered hub would be the
best,
since I need to connect full size mouse, Canon digital camera, Canon
printer, sometimes a flash drive, and a webcam.

I don't need firewire.

Belkin seems to have the largest selection, the best configuration for
cables (out the rear of unit) but the most expensive. Their hubs also say
they have over-current protection. Do all powered hubs have this? Other
brands I see, but have never heard of, are Dynex and CyberPower.

What should I consider?

Doesn't dell make a docking station for that? I've got one for my Gateway.
It wasn't that expensive. Adds gobs of extra ports, not just USB. -Dave