Alienware vs. Optiplex 990 vs. Precision T1600

Old April 22nd 11, 10:26 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Harvey Gratt

Default Alienware vs. Optiplex 990 vs. Precision T1600

I had wanted to get 2 new Optiplex 990's, however the largest SSD
available is only 128GB. I then looked at the new Precision T1600 which
did allow for a 256GB SSD.

However, my son, just pointed me to the Alienware Aurora, which when
configured equivalent to the Optiplex and Precision was actually about
$200 cheaper. Additionally, the Alienware offered more ports(i.e., USB
3.0 and eSATA, - the Optiplex/Precision only offer USB 3.0 options) as
well as faster optical drives, and other niceties.

The 2 machines I want to get will not be used for gaming. My question
pertains to the quality/reliability of the Dell Alienware product. These
are liquid cooled machines with overclocked i7 2600 (3.9GHz) processors
and will have a 4 year in-home warranty. I would appreciate any comments
or insight as to the quality/reliability of these machines when being
used in primarily a business setting.

Thanks,
Harvey