HP Scanjet 7800 no power

Old September 15th 08, 10:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Meebers

Default HP Scanjet 7800 no power

Scanner HP scanjet 7800 has a power cord that plugs into the unit. Power is
32v and it has a green Led on the end to indicate power. Once the cord is
plugged in and the power switch is turned on, the green led goes out. Unit
has nothing lit up. Can't figure if the power supply is weak, or it is just
the protection circuit shutting off the power supply due to some high
current demand of the scanner. Don't know where to start, any help
appreciated. TIA

Old September 16th 08, 02:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
GSalisbury

"Meebers" wrote in message
ng.com...
| Scanner HP scanjet 7800 has a power cord that plugs into the unit. Power
is
| 32v and it has a green Led on the end to indicate power. Once the cord is
| plugged in and the power switch is turned on, the green led goes out.
Unit
| has nothing lit up. Can't figure if the power supply is weak, or it is
just
| the protection circuit shutting off the power supply due to some high
| current demand of the scanner. Don't know where to start, any help
| appreciated. TIA

I can't resist but...
No I don't know anything about your Scanner HP scanjet 7800 but might not a
place to start be with HP?
Geo. S.

Old September 16th 08, 07:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Meebers

"GSalisbury" salsburyg at comcast dot net wrote in message
. ..

"Meebers" wrote in message
ng.com...
| Scanner HP scanjet 7800 has a power cord that plugs into the unit.
Power
is
| 32v and it has a green Led on the end to indicate power. Once the cord
is
| plugged in and the power switch is turned on, the green led goes out.
Unit
| has nothing lit up. Can't figure if the power supply is weak, or it is
just
| the protection circuit shutting off the power supply due to some high
| current demand of the scanner. Don't know where to start, any help
| appreciated. TIA

I can't resist but...
No I don't know anything about your Scanner HP scanjet 7800 but might not
place to start be with HP?
Geo. S.

Geo...trying to resist as well...but...been there and done that. 1. Their
troubleshooting for this is to check the power cord, make sure it was
plugged in etc. 2. Tried online support, none ...since it is 6 months out
of warranty. 3. Pay their online support $25 to start with and I know
their answer will probably be: take it to an authorized dealer for
repair.....been their and done that as well...HP said the machine is too OLD
(1.5 yrs since I bought it @ $700.00) and they do not have parts for it.
4...My thought then was to try some "HELPFUL" person on this forum that may
have had some experience with this type of problem...no luck so far.

Old September 17th 08, 03:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
GSalisbury

"Meebers" wrote in message
ng.com...

| "GSalisbury" salsburyg at comcast dot net wrote in message
| . ..
|
| "Meebers" wrote in message
| ng.com...
| | Scanner HP scanjet 7800 has a power cord that plugs into the unit.
| Power
| is
| | 32v and it has a green Led on the end to indicate power. Once the
cord
| is
| | plugged in and the power switch is turned on, the green led goes out.
| Unit
| | has nothing lit up. Can't figure if the power supply is weak, or it
is
| just
| | the protection circuit shutting off the power supply due to some high
| | current demand of the scanner. Don't know where to start, any help
| | appreciated. TIA
| |
| I can't resist but...
| No I don't know anything about your Scanner HP scanjet 7800 but might
not
| place to start be with HP?
| Geo. S.
|
| Geo...trying to resist as well...but...been there and done that. 1.
Their
| troubleshooting for this is to check the power cord, make sure it was
| plugged in etc. 2. Tried online support, none ...since it is 6 months out
| of warranty. 3. Pay their online support $25 to start with and I know
| their answer will probably be: take it to an authorized dealer for
| repair.....been their and done that as well...HP said the machine is too
OLD
| (1.5 yrs since I bought it @ $700.00) and they do not have parts for it.
| 4...My thought then was to try some "HELPFUL" person on this forum that
may
| have had some experience with this type of problem...no luck so far.

Okay you got me there.
We succumbed to the same weakness (the voices made us do it).
I guess if you had included some indication that you'd been there then my
knee would never have flinched.
I agree that for something that new there should be better support
available.
Good luck (eBay?)

ScanJet 5470c won't power up Tony H. Scanners 0 August 2nd 06 07:32 PM
Power specification of HP Scanjet 3530 [email protected] Scanners 0 March 12th 06 07:34 AM
HP scanjet 4c David Causier Scanners 7 March 6th 05 11:35 PM
Old Scanjet 3P ADF Thad Scanners 0 May 31st 04 11:59 PM
Power Adapter for HP ScanJet 5470c David J. Owens Scanners 1 July 23rd 03 01:50 AM