Microsoft finally decides to backtrack on Vista EULA

Old November 2nd 06, 10:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Tomcat (Tom)

Default Microsoft finally decides to backtrack on Vista EULA

http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews

Old November 3rd 06, 12:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
ToolPackinMama

Tomcat (Tom) wrote:
http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews

Yay!
Old November 3rd 06, 04:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SAMF2000

Tomcat (Tom) wrote:
http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews

Yeah because they saw their sales on VISTA Turn to crap. I won't buy
it anyway but it goes to show you if everyone Complains you get results.

Old November 3rd 06, 05:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
gravedigger jones

On 2 Nov 2006 20:25:14 -0800, "SAMF2000"
wrote:

Tomcat (Tom) wrote:
http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews

Yeah because they saw their sales on VISTA Turn to crap. I won't buy
it anyway but it goes to show you if everyone Complains you get results.

I wonder if businesses are going to suddenly adopt Vista when they
told XP to **** off and die.

Old November 3rd 06, 01:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike T.

"Tomcat (Tom)" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews

This doesn't mean anything unless it applies to the OEM versions of Vista,
as only idiots pay for the full retail package. -Dave

Old November 3rd 06, 04:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Conor

In article .com,
Tomcat (Tom) says...
http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews

Told you all it wasn't set in stone.

--
Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Earn commission on online purchases, £2.50 just for signing up:
http://www.TopCashBack.co.uk/Conor/ref/index.htm
Old November 3rd 06, 04:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike T.

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article .com,
Tomcat (Tom) says...
http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews

Told you all it wasn't set in stone.

Don't congratulate yourself so quickly. I'm still waiting for confirmation
that the changes (in EULA) apply to the OEM versions that you install
yourself. -Dave

Old November 3rd 06, 04:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Conor

In article ews.net,
Mike T. says...

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article .com,
Tomcat (Tom) says...
http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews

Told you all it wasn't set in stone.

Don't congratulate yourself so quickly. I'm still waiting for confirmation
that the changes (in EULA) apply to the OEM versions that you install
yourself. -Dave

Actually, there I think it'll be tied to the mobo.

Old November 3rd 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Matt

Mike T. wrote:
"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article .com,
Tomcat (Tom) says...
http://news.zdnet.com/Microsoft+back...&subj=technews

Told you all it wasn't set in stone.

Don't congratulate yourself so quickly. I'm still waiting for confirmation
that the changes (in EULA) apply to the OEM versions that you install
yourself. -Dave

One of the links said that it applied only to the "boxed" (read: retail)
version. Check the links posted by Crispy Critter.
Old November 3rd 06, 06:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike T.

Don't congratulate yourself so quickly. I'm still waiting for
confirmation
that the changes (in EULA) apply to the OEM versions that you install
yourself. -Dave

Actually, there I think it'll be tied to the mobo.

In that case we are back where we started and home builders are
ucked. -Dave