nero 6.6 oem suite

Old March 2nd 05, 05:58 AM
bill

Default nero 6.6 oem suite

saw an ad for Nero 6.6 OEM suite that looks too good to pass up.....

so, what's the downside of buying a OEM version?
(aside from no documentation, except on the cd)

Thanks,
Bill

Old March 2nd 05, 06:16 AM
Dan G

Just the fact that it will likely work with only one brand of drive. It will
also be missing a few particular features, like multiple drive burning and
maybe MP3 encoding.

Old March 2nd 05, 06:55 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

bill wrote:

saw an ad for Nero 6.6 OEM suite that looks too good to pass up.....

so, what's the downside of buying a OEM version?
(aside from no documentation, except on the cd)

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...ngne@4ax .com
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...baesystems.com
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=t01Jb.710066$HS4.5070001@attbi_s01

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?
http://tinyurl.com/6eldj

(No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the following is a LIBEL)
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

What an Asshole
Old March 2nd 05, 08:54 AM
Graham Mayor

OEM software cannot be sold legally unless accompanied by the drive it is
intended to partner - and then it should be provided at no extra charge.

There is no difference between the Nero software on the OEM discs and the
Retail discs (though occasionally special releases have been made for
particular writers - some past TEAC writers being a case in point) What is
different is the serial number encoded into the OEM disc that will restrict
it to the writer it was intended to partner. You will therefore either have
to use a stolen software key or buy a key from Nero. In the case of the
former, if you are going to steal the product anyway you might as well
download it from Nero.

--

Graham Mayor

Old March 2nd 05, 04:45 PM
MCheu

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 04:58:39 GMT, "bill"
wrote:

saw an ad for Nero 6.6 OEM suite that looks too good to pass up.....

so, what's the downside of buying a OEM version?
(aside from no documentation, except on the cd)

Thanks,
Bill

If it's a real OEM version, there's a chance it won't work with your
drive. The OEM versions are typically tied to specific brands and
sometimes even models of drives. If you don't have that identical
model it was intended for, you may end up buying yourself a coaster or
X-mas tree ornament.

I used to see "general OEM" (ie. not drive specific) versions of Nero
for sale at computer shows, but I've since been told that those are
likely counterfeit. The downside, is that if it's not a legal
version, the key you're supplied with might have been blacklisted by
Ahead. If that's the case, then if you update it, the update will
disable Nero until a valid key is entered.

I don't know if there actually are legit versions of OEM Nero that
aren't drive specific.

MCheu
Old March 2nd 05, 09:17 PM
Rob

I have both retail ultra version and OEM suite3 version. The are some
differences, but you will not notice them uless you are a power user. Both
are using the same updates from www.ahead.de and I had no problems to
upgrade them to the Nero 6.6.0.8 from 6.0.0.2, which is the version on the
OEM suite 3 disk. Each OEM disk should come with a different activation key
number.

I like the OEM suite 3 so much that I bought more for my relatives so they
can install on their Dell and HP. No one has any problems of using the OEM
version to burn CD or DVD. Of course, you have to get the OEM Suite 3. The
OEM Suite 1 is the one usually come with burners and only come with limited
funcationality and maybe drive specific. The difference of price between
suite 1 and suite 3 is around $4 to $5, but it is still much cheaper than
the retail ultra version.

Old March 3rd 05, 04:28 AM
Swami-BillEastCoast

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:54:37 -0000, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

OEM software cannot be sold legally unless accompanied by the drive it is
intended to partner - and then it should be provided at no extra charge.

There is no difference between the Nero software on the OEM discs and the
Retail discs (though occasionally special releases have been made for
particular writers - some past TEAC writers being a case in point) What is
different is the serial number encoded into the OEM disc that will restrict
it to the writer it was intended to partner. You will therefore either have
to use a stolen software key or buy a key from Nero. In the case of the
former, if you are going to steal the product anyway you might as well
download it from Nero.

I am not so sure there is no difference.

My Nero OEM that came with my Sony DVD burner did not have the ability
to cross fade tracks. That was only available on the retail version.
There were other differences as well but can not recall them at the
present time.
Old March 3rd 05, 05:54 AM
Dan G

You are correct, there are a number of features left out of OEM versions. It
varies a bit with different versions of Nero.

Old March 3rd 05, 09:07 AM
Graham Mayor

Not necessarily - some features are only available if the appropriate serial
is employed. Eg in the OEM version supplied with my DVD player, the OEM
serial provides only the Express interface, but the full system is on the
disc and using the full serial it is all revealed.

--

Graham Mayor

Old March 3rd 05, 05:46 PM
Peter van der Goes

wrote:

If it's a real OEM version, there's a chance it won't work with your
drive. The OEM versions are typically tied to specific brands and
sometimes even models of drives. If you don't have that identical
model it was intended for, you may end up buying yourself a coaster or
X-mas tree ornament.

I used to see "general OEM" (ie. not drive specific) versions of Nero
for sale at computer shows, but I've since been told that those are
likely counterfeit. The downside, is that if it's not a legal
version, the key you're supplied with might have been blacklisted by
Ahead. If that's the case, then if you update it, the update will
disable Nero until a valid key is entered.

I don't know if there actually are legit versions of OEM Nero that
aren't drive specific.

MCheu

I have two such versions, a 5.5 and a 6 Express, both purchased at computer
shows. Both came with serial numbers (or keys, if you will) *not* embedded
in the product, but supplied with the product for me to enter during
installation. Both have worked flawlessly with all the different drives I
have used since I purchased the two Nero versions and all version upgrades
offered by Nero have installed successfully (so, no key blacklisting). I'm
not sure what these products I have are really called, but they continue to
work and Nero appears to have no objections.

To the OP (if you're still reading this thread). I think caution is in
order. At least contact the vendor and get a clear statement that what is
being offered will work with any/all drives on the Nero compatibility list,
and is not limited to one drive make or model.

Where is the "New Compilation" Window in the OEM version of Nero supplied with a DVD Burner [email protected] Cdr 5 February 7th 05 11:38 AM
Nero hangs on "checking discs" smh Cdr 1 September 5th 04 04:00 AM
Anyone also using Nero and TmpgEnc? Ar Q Ati Videocards 9 January 9th 04 03:11 PM
nero would only start in nero express... mark24951 Cdr 1 July 29th 03 04:45 AM
Nero 5.5.10.42 weirdness John Smith Cdr 0 July 25th 03 10:17 PM