Toner Cartridge Problem

Old September 7th 08, 10:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
gecko

Default Toner Cartridge Problem

I had become so accustomed to large toner cartridges on the big laser
printers I had that I forgot that my printer has quite small
cartridges. The Canon unexpectedly announced that it was out of toner
--- not a low-toner warning, but out --- a couple of evenings ago. I
jumped on eBay and bought the best deal I could find on a genuine
Canon cartridge because I don't have a backup printer working and I've
have mixed experience with reconditioned and no-name "compatible"
cartridges.

For my big printer I bought reconditioned cartridges from Verbatim
largely because it was a name I recognized. They were very good about
sending replacements, but it took about three go get one that held up.
This made me wary of anything but a genuine factory replacement. There
likely are some high quality "compatible" cartridges, but I have no
way to sort through them. Some claim to have ISO numbers, but I have
no way to verify their authenticity. Anyone in this group have
anything useful on this?

-GECKO
Old September 7th 08, 11:59 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Ato_Zee

I've
have mixed experience with reconditioned and no-name "compatible"
cartridges.

The problem with reconditioned cartridges is that you may be
buying someone elses problem.
Output quality deteriorated, cartridge replaced, old one
ends up at a refiller.
Many non-OEM cartridges are just refilled, not rebuilt, so
scavenger blades may not get replaced, result grey streaks,
or for integral drum ones a worn out drum.
Best is to use an older model printer, as these are discarded
corporate users tend to dispose of stocks of OEM cartridges
and these find their way on to eBay. So for older models
if you wait, OEM originals appear, at bargain prices.
I have bought several OEM HP laser cartridges for the old
Canon SX engine that way, as well as Epson OEM's for
an old Stylus Color, from the days before chipped
inkjet cartridges.
Some of the older printers were a better build standard.
Old September 8th 08, 05:52 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Ato_Zee wrote:

I've have mixed experience with reconditioned and no-name "compatible" cartridges.

The problem with reconditioned cartridges is that you may be buying someone elses problem.

Thats for sure

Output quality deteriorated, cartridge replaced, old one ends up at a refiller. Many non-OEM cartridges are just refilled, not rebuilt, so scavenger blades may not get replaced, result grey streaks, or for integral drum ones a worn out drum. Best is to use

a new state of the art printer and use mfg ink.

Old September 8th 08, 06:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 21:52:55 GMT, gecko wrote:

This made me wary of anything but a genuine factory replacement. There
likely are some high quality "compatible" cartridges, but I have no
way to sort through them. Some claim to have ISO numbers, but I have
no way to verify their authenticity. Anyone in this group have
anything useful on this?

-GECKO

http:\\LaserMonks.com

Would you believe a monastery that sells compatibles?

Jim
Old September 12th 08, 03:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printers
gr

gecko wrote:
[...]

I went through half a dozen places, gave up, bought OEM for a year, now
am back to cheap at lovetoner.com. I still open and test each
one...depends on the model cart, some batches perfect, other models need
return. They are excellent about returns.
gr
Old September 12th 08, 08:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Postman delivers

measekite wrote:

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"
title/title
/head

* * *
measekite,

Please do not post in HTML... This is not the www -

JR the postman
Old September 12th 08, 01:33 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Postman Delivers wrote:

measekite wrote:

* * * measekite, Please do not post in HTML... This is not the www - JR the postman

Microsoft says it is the latest technology.  For today we do not have a 33k modem using dial up.  And for those who do it is time to change.