What is in the Box?

Old April 24th 05, 05:31 PM
bole2cant

Default What is in the Box?

I have an RMA number from Newegg for my ASUS A7N8X-VM/400 motherboard. (I have
not been able to get it to come out of standby.)

Problem is, I am not sure just exactly what all was included in the box. If you
have bought an ASUS motherboard recently and remember what was included, please
detail the contents for me. If I don't get everything back in the box Newegg is
going to ding me. For example, I have a little bag of three blue jumpers. Did
that come with the mobo or with the Antec case? I have the mobo, a CD and a
manual. What am I forgetting?

--
-Doug

Old April 24th 05, 05:56 PM
Ben Pope

bole2cant wrote:
I have an RMA number from Newegg for my ASUS A7N8X-VM/400 motherboard. (I have
not been able to get it to come out of standby.)

Problem is, I am not sure just exactly what all was included in the box. If you
have bought an ASUS motherboard recently and remember what was included, please
detail the contents for me. If I don't get everything back in the box Newegg is
going to ding me. For example, I have a little bag of three blue jumpers. Did
that come with the mobo or with the Antec case? I have the mobo, a CD and a
manual. What am I forgetting?

I think it's silly... why don't they just swap your board in your box,
with a new board in a new box, and forget all the peripherals... that
way they have a complete, new box with their new peripherals, and your
old board, and you have your old box, old peripherals and everything
else sent back to you.

Anyway, they can't ask for more than is specified in the front of the
manual, surely.

Ben

Old April 24th 05, 06:28 PM
Hawkeye

Look here at neweggs own picture of provided items with board

Url was long as hell used tinyurl site to shorten

http://tinyurl.com/7flxl

--
ASUS A8V/Athlon 64 FX-55
ATI RADEON X800XT PE
Old April 24th 05, 08:54 PM
bole2cant

Thanks for the help. I think I've got everything now.

Ben, I believe Newegg does it that way because of their warrantee date record.

I'm still trying to decide what mobo to replace it with. It definitely won't be
the A7N8X-VM/400.

I'm very disappointed in ASUS customer (non) support so I will probably switch
to an MSI board.

-Doug

Old April 24th 05, 11:26 PM
Mini Me's Dad

If you look at the "quick guide" included with your board it shows the
contents of the box. HTH

Old April 25th 05, 06:22 AM
Paul

In article , "bole2cant"
wrote:

Thanks for the help. I think I've got everything now.

Ben, I believe Newegg does it that way because of their warrantee date record.

I'm still trying to decide what mobo to replace it with. It definitely

won't be
the A7N8X-VM/400.

I'm very disappointed in ASUS customer (non) support so I will probably switch
to an MSI board.

-Doug

Look in the User Manual, at section 1.2 entitled
"Package Contents". That will tell you exactly what
was included in the package. "Bag of extra jumper caps"
is listed as an item in the box.

Paul