A3 Vinyl Printer

Old September 23rd 09, 12:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
alphawave

Default A3 Vinyl Printer

I am looking for an A3 printer that can print onto vinyl using solvent
or eco-solvent inks

I need to print prototype shaped labels for shampoo bottles onto
transparent self adhesive vinyl - the ink needs to be waterproof
(solvent or eco-solvent)

An integrated Vinyl Print & Cut machine would be ideal but the
smallest I know of is a Mimaki CJV30-60 which costs around 10K but at
24" wide it's overkill and over expensive for my needs - I have a
budget of hundreds - not tens of thousands!

Anyone know if anything smaller exists - or if i can get just a
printer and then cut my labels out on a standard vinyl cutter with
optical eye.

Thanks,

Kev
Old September 23rd 09, 07:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni

Anyone know if anything smaller exists - or if i can get just a
printer and then cut my labels out on a standard vinyl cutter with
optical eye.

I'm sure you can follow only the second case. Low priced Print & Cut
machines costs the amount you refered.
You can find cutters for only $500 or even less.

--

(Remove the number nine from my email address to send me email)

Old September 24th 09, 12:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I suppose the question is how many hundreds you have to work with,
because solvent ink printers are not consumer items, and you will pay
considerably for one.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Newbie: Copying Vinyl to CD JDP Cdr 1 March 23rd 07 11:54 AM
Heat transferable vinyl JT Printers 4 May 24th 06 05:47 AM
Vinyl to CDR - what are the requirements? Bill Larcombe Cdr 10 May 25th 04 10:50 PM
Can you recommend a vinyl cutter? L. Ivan Printers 0 February 23rd 04 05:06 AM
Ink Jet printers for vinyl? Healthy Stealthy ; Printers 3 July 21st 03 07:32 AM