New Hard Drive for a Presario 4824

Old April 26th 05, 05:49 PM
PhoneMatt

Default New Hard Drive for a Presario 4824

That's one reason that I've decided to go with a card. There is data on
the drive, which I would like to salvage. MaxBlast software wants to
reformat and repartition the drive. The instructions say that it can be
used to make a slave data drive, but what the instructions say and what
the program does seem to be two different things.
Thanks for all the replies.

Matt

Ben Myers Wrote:
The other and more important reason for having a card instead of
MaxBlast or
similar is that if you ever ever have a problem and need to recover
data and/or
reinstall Windows, the process is complicated and uncertain. I had a
client's
Gateway box in here recently, and the software was pretty well hosed
up. It
took me several hours to get the data back from his hard drive onto
another one
set up without drive overlay software, and he is still complaining
about
software not working right.

As far as I am concerned, MaxBlast, WD's or Seagate's similar software
are to be
avoided if at all possible. I have stated this for years, and my
recent
experience vindicates what I've said... Ben Myers

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:45:10 -0500, "Stanley Reynolds"
wrote:
-
The card maybe a better option if it and the drive support a faster
transfer
speed.

-

--