review Kingston Vaule PC3200 & Kingmax

Old June 16th 04, 07:02 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

Default review Kingston Vaule PC3200 & Kingmax

I couldn't even get the Kingston to boot in full @ 444 MHz
The Kingmax is only PC2700 (DDR333) But was Able to hit
higher speeds, even as high as 450 MHz.
Running all ram @ one time right now.
Running @ (DDR460) @ a speed of 230 MHz Stable.
Sandra gives me 3680 for memory bandwidth.
@ most I only ever got 3200 or a little higher out of the Kingston
by it's self.
I did have this thing all the way up to 472 MHz But did not run stable.
Encoding @ this speed is nice too, takes about 5 or 10 Min longer then the
file to re-encode
a Divx.
This is with filters.
Why here? Just to let ppl know how good this memory is
Why cross post? Cause it's relevant for both groups
I get better bandwidth on my Athlon XP system as well as my P4
With this memory.
And Overclocking goes better as well, the stuff don't need extra volts to
run
But then why would it, I don't try to run it @ speed. (Rated speed that is.)
And I can get a better Overclock on the 2200+ with it too.
I wonder if the Mingmax PC3200 overclocks this well..? :-)
Denny. :-)

Old June 16th 04, 07:15 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

Update, I took the Kingston Out.
I had another problem, and a re-start.
Also, I installed my MSI Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 On to
My P4, and after I took the Kingston Memory out, the overclock
part of the Video Card worked. Huh?

BAD Kingmax MEM? DavidinDallas General 2 January 22nd 05 05:12 AM
review Kingston Vaule PC3200 & Kingmax Dennis E Strausser Jr Overclocking 1 June 16th 04 07:15 AM
Epox 8RDA3+ and incompatible Kingston PC3200 Lord Overclocking AMD Processors 3 April 30th 04 02:32 AM
kingston hyperx pc3200 vs mushkin blue pc3200 someone General 1 August 18th 03 01:47 PM