Compaq Presario s7390uk

Old July 5th 04, 09:45 PM
Alistair Cameron

Default Compaq Presario s7390uk

Hi All,

I have just purchased a Compaq Presario, model S7390UK, over the first
weekend I decided to try another operating system (formatting the drive) and
now I have lost my F10 recovery option. I have been told it will cost me to
buy cd's. Why can't I find any drivers on the net to recover my system. I
don't mind using another operating system but just need the drivers.

Many thanks.

Alistair.

Old July 6th 04, 02:07 AM
HH

If you erased the recovery partition on the drive, normally labeled
Compaq_RP, the only way is to buy the Restore CDs.

Old July 6th 04, 09:50 AM
Alistair Cameron

There is still a Volume named [presario_rp] which if you use windows
explorer looks empty, if you use something like Nero to explore the volume
you can see all the files, I know they are there just hidden in some way. I
know the f10 option did work the first time I tried it.

Ta.

Old July 6th 04, 11:32 AM
HH

Does your 7390 have a CD or DVD burner? If so there likely was an option to
create an HP Recovery Tools CD. Did you do that before wiping the drive? If
not, I know of no way to do a restore, short of ordering the Restore CD set
from Compaq UK. The reason they are hidden is to prevent accidental erasure.
You might check the UK website. The US website has an HP Auto Toolkit
softpaq for my S5200CL. There may be one for your S7390UK.

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 3rd 04 04:25 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 27th 04 06:21 PM
Compaq FAQ ** New Link HH Compaq Computers 0 June 19th 04 11:47 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 5th 04 11:17 AM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM