A7N8X Deluxe board rev 2.0 changes?

Old February 1st 04, 01:06 PM
GWHSU

Default A7N8X Deluxe board rev 2.0 changes?

I plan to buy a new M/B. I finally settled on the A7N8X-E Deluxe
when I found there is a REV-2. Can anyone tell me if there are important
changes from the REV-1?

Since I'm here in an AMD motherboard NG I'd like to go off-topic just
a little and ask about the difference between the Athlon 2600+ 2.08 gHz and
the faster CPU's that have slower FSBs (the 2800+ is also 2.08 gHz)
And just to put icing on the off-topic subject what's the difference between
a "Retail full package processor" and a [TRAY]?

It would all be on-topic if I were to ask if any of these CPUs would work
with the A7N8X Deluxe board rev 2.0.

As soon as I can figure this out and get the best deal I'm going to give up
on
ABIT and get one of these ASUS A7N8X-E (Deluxe) boards with a 2600+ Athlon,
so I can begin to ask how to take this little mother to the max.

GWHSU

Old February 1st 04, 01:43 PM
KB

The difference between
a "Retail full package processor" and a [TRAY] is retail comes in package
and the other is on it's own.

Old February 1st 04, 11:26 PM
GWHSU

I had an ABIT, it blew up in 9 months, i've had 5 Asus boards and no
problems at all, I love my plain jane A7N8X, 8+ months and not a single
error or crash.

GWHSU

Cheers,
Ed

Sorry Ed, I got warpped up in my search and it was late. Of course Asus is
not only AMD.
I guess to be safe I should get the REV 2. I wanted to make sure that it
wasn't the dog
it was presented to be at
http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherb...905/index.html
(a comparison of KT400 boards to the KT333 chipset.).
I had a (ABIT) BF6 die on me recently and replaced it with an old used BH6
grabbed off of a pile,
and I've been using it with a slotket/celeron for a year. I also have a
ASROCK/Duron 1.3 that
I want to replace with the ASUS.

GWHSU

Old February 2nd 04, 03:34 PM
Themroc

I`ll buy the A7n8x-e,too.
As it´s brand new there are no multiple revisions yet,this goes for the older
A7n8x(no -e).