P4P800 & Video CardAsus GeForce2 MX400

Old December 31st 03, 04:24 AM
LV

Default P4P800 & Video CardAsus GeForce2 MX400

Hi There,
I'm putting a computer system for my wife together and she doesn't do
gaming, so she just needs a nice display. Will the Asus GeForce2 Mx400 card
be ok to run in this motherboard? I read where it has to be a 1.5 volt card.
Didn't see any documentation for that.

If this isn't a decent card to get, what would be?

Thanks,
LV

Old December 31st 03, 04:28 AM
Dave Catchpole

"LV" wrote in message news:ccsIb.42908$BQ5.37165@fed1read03...
Hi There,
I'm putting a computer system for my wife together and she doesn't do
gaming, so she just needs a nice display. Will the Asus GeForce2 Mx400

card
be ok to run in this motherboard? I read where it has to be a 1.5 volt

card.
Didn't see any documentation for that.

If this isn't a decent card to get, what would be?

Thanks,
LV

I'd say that card will be more than enough for your Wife's needs.

I use a lesser MX200 card and that dos gaming fairly well, so if your 400
isn't going to be used for that, then you're laughing!!

Regards

Dave

Old December 31st 03, 04:57 PM
Ric

LV wrote:

Hi There,
I'm putting a computer system for my wife together and she doesn't do
gaming, so she just needs a nice display. Will the Asus GeForce2 Mx400 card
be ok to run in this motherboard? I read where it has to be a 1.5 volt card.
Didn't see any documentation for that.

If this isn't a decent card to get, what would be?

Thanks,
LV

look at the p4r800-vm motherboard.
at my local dealer, this board is about $115(us) the p4r is $35 LESS
and NO video card is needed. The onboard video is at least as good as
the GeForce 2 ...

Old January 1st 04, 12:52 AM
Roy Coorne

LV wrote:
Hi There,
I'm putting a computer system for my wife together and she doesn't do
gaming, so she just needs a nice display. ...

Nice display without gaming Matrox G550!

Roy

Old January 1st 04, 06:01 PM
Ed Medlin

"Roy Coorne" wrote in message
LV wrote:
Hi There,
I'm putting a computer system for my wife together and she doesn't

do
gaming, so she just needs a nice display. ...

Nice display without gaming Matrox G550!

Roy

Most all on-board video should do fine for that application.

Ed

---

Old January 2nd 04, 11:01 PM
JB

"DaveW" wrote in message
Your video card is 3.3 volts. Won't work.

--
DaveW

Are you certain on that? I'm fairly sure that one of my P4P800s is running a
Geoforce 2, and it's happy enough (though I'm going to replace with an ATI
when I can).

JB