A7V133 & 3Dfx Video card

Old June 23rd 03, 08:27 PM
Patch

Default A7V133 & 3Dfx Video card

I've got an Orchid card that Asus doesn't recognize. Has anyone had any luck
getting a 3Dfx video card to work? I've flashed the Bios, but no help.

Old June 25th 03, 10:55 AM
Adam Reif

"Patch" wrote in message...
I've got an Orchid card that Asus doesn't recognize. Has anyone had any
luck getting a 3Dfx video card to work? I've flashed the Bios, but no
help.

"F.N" wrote in message...
Why do you even *want* a 3dfx card ? Almost anything is faster.
Which card is it anyway, a Voodoo2 ? If so, it needs another card,
since that is only 3d... (good luck finding drivers also)

Agreed. Spend $30 on a GeForce2 64mb MX400 which will run current nVidia
drivers on any OS and blows the doors off of your Orchid. And yes - I do
remember when Orchid was the bomb... I have an Orchid-IIS in my "museum"

There is one he
http://www.target-sale.com/tusa/item...gp/i03829.html

Adam.

Old June 26th 03, 02:39 AM
Adam Reif

I want to use the Orchid card for some old games I have that
only work in 3Dfx. My main video card is a Geforce3. Back to
my question, does anyone know if the A7V133 will support a
3Dfx card?

Oh.

I think the answer is yes - it will work fine.

In your original post you said:
"I've got an Orchid card that Asus doesn't recognize"

I think the *real* issue here is not hardware - but the Operating System you
are using. Set it up in Win95 and you will be fine I would think? Are the
games running in Windows - or in DOS?

If I were you I would find out what the latest driver set available for your
card is and go with that O/S.

So, the questions a
Which model Orchid card do you have?
Which O/S are you currently running?
Which old games are worth this much trouble?

Adam.
ps. - I also have fond memories of older games that I wish I could still
play...

Old June 26th 03, 02:46 AM
Adam Reif

Patch - did you research this area?:

http://www.voodoofiles.com/category.asp?x=2

Re Video card problem oldgrey General 0 January 15th 05 05:08 PM
Best Video Card - NON-Game Use Phil Homebuilt PC's 13 November 19th 04 07:13 PM
Tyan K8S Pro S2882: installing a PCI video card Andy Kuo General 1 November 5th 04 03:10 AM
Video Card or Power Supply problem? Sapphire Radeon 9600 PRO, generic 300W PS, MSI 845Neo-FIS2R MB Nick Z Homebuilt PC's 2 June 6th 04 12:29 AM