Bios Question

Old June 28th 04, 06:41 PM
JW

Default Bios Question

I just built a computer with spare parts I had laying around from about 7
different sources (a real Frankenstein) and everything is fine except for
one thing. Evidently the motherboard was originally from a "Emachine"
computer (I know, they're crap) and when it boots, the "Emachine" banner or
whatever it's called, displays before windows (XP Pro for testing) starts.
My question... is there any way to get rid of this screen? I looked in the
bios setup but found nothing. Thanks for any help or advice. Joe in Texas

Old June 28th 04, 06:55 PM
JAD

it maybe hard coded to the chip...most have some kind of 'switch' for
turning it off. I am receiving my sisters old -emachine- shortly. I'll
have a look see. if you have not sorted it, ill get back to you.

"JW" wrote in message
news
I just built a computer with spare parts I had laying around from

about 7
different sources (a real Frankenstein) and everything is fine

except for
one thing. Evidently the motherboard was originally from a

"Emachine"
computer (I know, they're crap) and when it boots, the "Emachine"

banner or
whatever it's called, displays before windows (XP Pro for testing)

starts.
My question... is there any way to get rid of this screen? I looked

in the
bios setup but found nothing. Thanks for any help or advice. Joe

in Texas

P4e - IC7 - bios question fish Overclocking 0 June 28th 04 01:36 PM
A7N8X DX Rev 2.0 Bios 1003 vs 1005 Question Archer Overclocking AMD Processors 9 July 19th 03 08:55 AM
BIOS Gricalus General 3 July 13th 03 12:07 PM
BIOS Gricalus Homebuilt PC's 3 July 13th 03 12:07 PM
Multiplier question, bios or hardware... ? Bougon General 1 June 24th 03 12:58 AM