util to find out my FSB speed?

Old February 4th 04, 05:50 PM
Rob

Default util to find out my FSB speed?

I have a celeron 2.6 (which runs at up to 400mhz FSB) and an Intel D845HV
motherboard (which has no BIOS settings to adjust or check any of this
stuff, but also is supposed to run at up to 400mhz FSB). I had a hardware
probing utility which happened to come with a software package tell me I'm
only running at 100MHz FSB. I couldn't find a utility to check this on
tucows or winfiles.... it doesn't really matter I guess since I have no way
to change it,
but I'd still like to know.....any pointers? Thanks!

Old February 4th 04, 06:11 PM
Tweek

100 Mhz is the 'true' bus speed of the Celeron. Intel calls it's 400Mhz bus
'quad pumped'. The 533Mhz bus is 133Mhz 'quad pumped' and the 800 Mhz bus is
200Mhz 'quad pumped'.

Old February 4th 04, 06:24 PM
Rob

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I also just came across a motherboard
monitoring utility at Intel's website (Intel Active Monitor
http://intel.com/design/motherbd/active.htm ) which indicates 400MHz FSB, so
all is well.

Old February 5th 04, 01:04 AM
DaveW

The Celeron runs at 4 X the FSB of the motherboard, which is correctly
100MHz. Everything is fine.

--
DaveW