laptop battery rebuilding

Old May 15th 08, 09:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
kingtubby

Default laptop battery rebuilding

I have a old dell inspiron 1000 and need a new battery ,but when i
seen the prices i was thinking there must be a better (cheaper) way
i seen some were were you can open the battery pack and replace the
battery's inside i hear its like 6 or 8 rechargeable cells wired
together has any one attempt this or know of any were i can find
current information?
Old May 15th 08, 09:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

In
,
kingtubby typed on Thu, 15 May 2008 13:29:29 -0700 (PDT):
I have a old dell inspiron 1000 and need a new battery ,but when i
seen the prices i was thinking there must be a better (cheaper) way
i seen some were were you can open the battery pack and replace the
battery's inside i hear its like 6 or 8 rechargeable cells wired
together has any one attempt this or know of any were i can find
current information?

This should give you a start.

http://www.electronics-lab.com/artic...uct/index.html

http://www.primecell.com/qli-Ion.htm

--
Bill

Old May 16th 08, 03:23 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ghostrider

kingtubby wrote:

I have a old dell inspiron 1000 and need a new battery ,but when i
seen the prices i was thinking there must be a better (cheaper) way
i seen some were were you can open the battery pack and replace the
battery's inside i hear its like 6 or 8 rechargeable cells wired
together has any one attempt this or know of any were i can find
current information?

Just how much do you want to pay? There are some places that offer very
good prices on original, new Dell batteries, and certainly not at the
price from Dell. These include Pacific Battery or Portable Components,
two of which I have had good luck. Check out their prices.

Old May 16th 08, 09:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Altap

On May 16, 7:23 am, Ghostrider wrote:
kingtubby wrote:
I have a old dell inspiron 1000 and need a newbattery,but when i
seen the prices i was thinking there must be a better (cheaper) way
i seen some were were you can open thebatterypack and replace the
battery'sinside i hear its like 6 or 8 rechargeable cells wired
together has any one attempt this or know of any were i can find
current information?

Just how much do you want to pay? There are some places that offer very
good prices on original, new Dell batteries, and certainly not at the
price from Dell. These include PacificBatteryor Portable Components,
two of which I have had good luck. Check out their prices.

I had been through difficult times trying to replace the battery
until I was suggested by my friend to go in for batteries from Battech
International Limited. I surfed through the valuable information on
their website http://www.battech.co.uk/ and the disclaimer on reduced
costs price promise and top quality service was indeed challenging to
scan many other brands for better deals. Their aim on returns to
provide 100% customer satisfaction and excellent customer service
motivated me to buy the iPod Battery for a fair deal from a wide
selection.

Old May 16th 08, 01:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

[...]

Just curious, since this sounds like you're quoting a brochure.

Do you work for them or are you associated with them in any way?

Old May 16th 08, 03:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Hi!

You could do the battery replacement yourself. However, this will
require some skill and equipment. The batteries in these packs are
often times soldered or tack welded together. (The heat from soldering
can be harmful to the cells, so most of the time you will find tack
welding holding the cells together.)

The real tough part will be the battery pack controller. All modern
laptop batteries are "smart" for safety and utility (wear-compensated
battery meters are a by-product of this) purposes. Some of these
controllers will shut down and not start up again if they lose power.

I've heard people here say good things about Pacific Battery, so I'd
recommend getting in touch with them for a replacement battery. (I
haven't tried them yet--although 3 years old, both of my Latitude D800
batteries are still working great. I have seen no significant drop-off
in capacity.)

There also independent (and chain based) battery sales companies that
will put new cells in your old battery.

William
Old May 16th 08, 06:55 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Fri, 16 May 2008 01:14:22 -0700 (PDT), Altap
wrote:

[...]

As Tom said, this sounds like a brochure. Do you work for them in any
way?
Old May 16th 08, 10:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Fri, 16 May 2008 13:34:16 -0700, "Timothy Daniels"
wrote:

"journey" wrote:
As Tom said, this sounds like a brochure. Do you work for them
in any way?

Terms like "valuable information" and saying what a company's
"aims" are are just red flags. Furthermore, "Altap" doesn't say what
laptop he has for which he bought a battery.

*TimDaniels*

It's possible to have alerts triggered based on text strings so the
"Battech representative" could have an alert for "Pacific Battery".

Laptop Battery-OT??? pheasant Homebuilt PC's 5 October 27th 07 12:32 PM
laptop battery Dave General 2 August 14th 06 06:08 PM
Rebuilding a Dell PC (Laptop) ~~Alan~~ Dell Computers 3 January 31st 06 12:28 AM
Rebuilding Notebook Battery. For Toshiba Laptop 4100XDVD battery part #PA2487U Chris Homebuilt PC's 0 February 21st 04 06:48 AM
Laptop Battery Starstuffed Compaq Computers 2 October 19th 03 12:48 AM