A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » General
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Need IOGEAR KVM Manual



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 24th 18, 12:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan
  #3  
Old October 24th 18, 01:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 07:18:49 -0500, Heron
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 6:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan


https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/

Thank U
Al
  #4  
Old October 24th 18, 01:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 07:18:49 -0500, Heron
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 6:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan


https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/

That doesn't tell me how and what to hook up. I am confoosed.
Al
  #5  
Old October 24th 18, 01:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 07:18:49 -0500, Heron
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 6:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan


https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/

Never mind I found somethng,
Al
  #6  
Old October 24th 18, 04:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,307
Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

Turing wrote:

I need a manual for IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774

Symphony, not Sympathy ___^^^^^^^^

It comes with a manual. Is it not written in your native language? Got
it at a garage sale (aka rummage sale aka dump sale), so parts missing?

Is there a reason you cannot go to Iogear's own web site to get the
manual on their product?

https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/
Click the "Product Manual" download link on the right side.

Available in English and French.
  #7  
Old October 24th 18, 05:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 678
Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

On 10/24/2018 7:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan

Didn't look too hard did you? ;-)

Go to
https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/ and look for the links to the
online manual. I have the identical KVM myself but couldn't locate the
original manual on a bit.
  #8  
Old October 25th 18, 01:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 12:43:31 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 7:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan

Didn't look too hard did you? ;-)

I guess not. I thought I did. My senility is really affecting me.
Old age is terrible. Just wait.................

Go to
https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/ and look for the links to the
online manual. I have the identical KVM myself but couldn't locate the
original manual on a bit.


Since you have the IOGEAR GCS1774 4-port USB KVM switch do you have
the same confusion that I do.? Or does anyone else?

I only have two PC's connected right now, one W10, one W7. They are
connected to the KVM with the special USB VGA cables which have two
USB connectors for my keyboard and mouse. I have them connected to
the two front USBs on the KVM for my W10 PC, and they work fine. But
when I change to my W7 PC, I have to switch the USB connector to the
USB on the back of the KVM. And when I switch back to the W10 PC, I
have to switch the keyboard USB connector back to the front of the
KVM. The mouse works just fine on both PCs. I wonder what I am doing
wrong. Anyone have an idea? As I said earlier, I now have the
manual.
Thanks
Al
  #9  
Old October 25th 18, 05:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,307
Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

Turing wrote:

I only have two PC's connected right now, one W10, one W7. They are
connected to the KVM with the special USB VGA cables which have two
USB connectors for my keyboard and mouse. I have them connected to
the two front USBs on the KVM for my W10 PC, and they work fine. But
when I change to my W7 PC, I have to switch the USB connector to the
USB on the back of the KVM. And when I switch back to the W10 PC, I
have to switch the keyboard USB connector back to the front of the
KVM. The mouse works just fine on both PCs. I wonder what I am doing
wrong. Anyone have an idea? As I said earlier, I now have the
manual.


How long are you holding the selection switch on the KVM to change to
the other PC? The manual (page 6) tells you how long to hold the
switches for what function you want them to do.

The manual also tells you what the front USB ports are for. They are
NOT for switching between hosts. The front USB ports are for
*peripherals*. You use /*ONE*/ keyboard and mouse with this KVM, and
they connect on the backside ports. You are sharing one keyboard and
mouse amongst multiple computers. Pages 10 & 11 of the manual show you
what goes to which port on the KVM.

If the *one* keyboard USB port on the KVM is not changing to which
computer you choose using the KVM's selection switch then the KVM is
broken. You didn't have the manual. Was this KVM got at a garage sale?
If so, maybe they dumped it because it was broke.
  #10  
Old October 25th 18, 08:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 678
Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

On 10/25/2018 12:28 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
snip...
The manual also tells you what the front USB ports are for. They are
NOT for switching between hosts. The front USB ports are for
*peripherals*. You use /*ONE*/ keyboard and mouse with this KVM, and
they connect on the backside ports. You are sharing one keyboard and
mouse amongst multiple computers. Pages 10 & 11 of the manual show you
what goes to which port on the KVM.

snip..

Yes, the single keyboard and mouse (trackball in my case) connect to the
rear of the KVM and that is the only place they have a chance of working
properly. Sometimes switching among connected computers can be confusing
and misleading. A _short_ touch on a button will switch the keyboard and
mouse while leaving the peripherals connected where they were. A _long_
touch will switch everything. Watch the colors of the indicators to tell
which is which. While it is certainly possible that something is internally
defective in the KVM I wouldn't suspect that immediately. What happens if
you move the troublesome computer to a different port location on the KVM?
There is no requirement to use them sequentially.

The KVM has some sort of hot key arrangement too but I've never once
bothered with it -- the buttons are far more convenient to me.

If you continue to have problems, communicating with the manufacturer's
service folks might be worthwhile. They've sold a _huge_ number of these
things and if there has been a similar problem they likely have seen it before.

As for age -- I am 71 years old. No senility yet that I've noticed but then
again, if I was losing it maybe I wouldn't notice...


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IOGEAR DVI KVM Problem? Frederick General 3 December 8th 11 02:25 AM
IOGEAR DVI KVM Misbehaving. Frederick General 0 August 18th 11 08:48 PM
IOGear GPSR01U won't print Tony Printers 0 February 14th 06 07:40 PM
IOGEAR firewire / usb 2 external hdd Bernard General 0 May 27th 04 02:28 AM
Who makes IOGear? Analog Kid General 2 February 4th 04 07:32 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 HardwareBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.