Desire advice on Computer Cases Computer Chassis to mount new MSI 975x Motherboard?

Old October 31st 06, 12:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Desire advice on Computer Cases Computer Chassis to mount new MSI 975x Motherboard?

Desire advice on Computer Cases, Computer Chassis to mount new MSI 975x
Motherboard?

I have an old case that has a cooling fan at top I had to remove due to
a new PSU I put in (610 watts). I am adding a CPU Core 2 Duo 660 Chip
and have not yet decided on a graphics card at the moment. Will be used
for light gaming and business apps.

Have ordered a Zalman CPU fan.

Want to know what case could accommodate the 7 inch deep Power Supply I
have, provide decent cooling, and be able to mount my current 2 SATA
hard drives horizontally (not vertically) , 2 CD/DVD drives, and a 3.5
inch Floppy Diskette drive ???
Also would like enough clearance for motherboard, drives and CPU heat
fan for ease of installation, replacement and so on.

Some cases I looked at had a fan in the top of the case and my Power
Supply would hit it like my current case. PC Power and Cooling said the
top (small) fan actually did not help much anyway.

Thanks for any suggestions. Want to keep the price under $200 for the
case. Do not care about special effects of Lights on the outside of
case but will take them if it is a decent case.

Thanks,
Patty

Old October 31st 06, 12:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SteveH

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Antec P180
http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=81800
Excellent case. Just make the leads (especially the mobo power lead) on your
PSU are long enough.
Got 2 of 'em here!

SteveH

Old October 31st 06, 03:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanShania

Like my friend Stevey boy said...Antec P180

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 Pro 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb Dual Ch OCZ Platinum
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT, Call of Duty War Chest

ups.com...

Old October 31st 06, 06:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Look great. been reading reviews. You can always find good and bad.
Lian-Li sounded good but so pricey... Some people have problems with
long (in length) power supplies hitting a top fan in a case. Also hard
to get to components. Be nice to find one with a MOBO trade. Also one
where a big heat sink for CPU will not hit side of case. Perhaps the
Antec is the one.

Thanks
Patty
VanShania wrote:
Like my friend Stevey boy said...Antec P180

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.
No such thing as Bad Kids. Only Bad Parents.
Friends don't turn friends on to drugs.
The path often thought about and sometimes chosen by abused children as
adults is Suicide. Be a real friend.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 Pro 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb Dual Ch OCZ Platinum
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT, Call of Duty War Chest

ups.com...

Old October 31st 06, 07:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Question:

I assume by reading the above posts and a review that there probably is
enough clearance for a large Zalman CPU fan??

Is a MOBO easily installed or does it take a while? Be easy of all the
cages slid out completely. Some cases have a MOBO tray but I guess this
one does not.

Thanks again
Patty

VanShania wrote:
Like my friend Stevey boy said...Antec P180

--
Love and Teach, Not Yell and Beat
Stop Violence and Child Abuse.
No such thing as Bad Kids. Only Bad Parents.
Friends don't turn friends on to drugs.
The path often thought about and sometimes chosen by abused children as
adults is Suicide. Be a real friend.

A64 3500+, Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939,AIW 9800 Pro 128mb
MSI 550 Pro, X-Fi, Pioneer 110D, 111D
Antec 550 watt,Thermaltake Lanfire,2 Gb Dual Ch OCZ Platinum
2XSATA 320gb Raid Edition, PATA 120Gb
XP MCE2005, 19in Viewsonic,BenchMark 2001 SE- 19074
Games I'm Playing- Falcon 4, winSPWW2, winSPMBT, Call of Duty War Chest

ups.com...

Old October 31st 06, 08:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SteveH

wrote in message
ups.com...
Question:

I assume by reading the above posts and a review that there probably is
enough clearance for a large Zalman CPU fan??

Is a MOBO easily installed or does it take a while? Be easy of all the
cages slid out completely. Some cases have a MOBO tray but I guess this
one does not.

Thanks again
Patty

No removable motherboard tray. Easily enough clearance for a Zalman (or any
other) HSF, don't forget, in the P180 the PSU goes in the BOTTOM of the
case.
The HDD cages slide right out and the drives go onto anti vibration mounts.
Optical drives mount on slide in rails.
It probably is slightly more fiddly to build into this case than others, but
well worth the effort.

HTH
SteveH

Old October 31st 06, 08:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SteveH

"VanShania" wrote in message
Like my friend Stevey boy

You wish

Installing MoBo Homebuilt PC's 36 November 28th 04 03:29 AM
How to Fix Your Computer Ben Dellar Overclocking AMD Processors 4 November 12th 03 02:39 AM
How to Fix Your Computer Ben Dellar Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 11th 03 10:39 AM
Silent Computer - Advice David Taylor Homebuilt PC's 51 October 7th 03 11:26 AM