DABS invoices

Old September 18th 07, 08:15 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

Default DABS invoices

How do you get an invoice out of DABS these days?

Tried ringing. Tried pressing the button for e-mail invoice on the
item in my account. No joy.

Used to be that they'd come with the goods. Those were the days.
Luxury.

Now when I was a lad ........
--
Peter Langley
Old September 19th 07, 02:17 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jefferson

"Palindrome" wrote in message
m...

A friend has been trying to buy a 1kGBP laptop from them since last
Friday. For delivery tomorrow. Total shambles. In the end of a saga too
boring to recount, I suggested today that she bought it elsewhere and got
her dabs account cancelled. If it is that difficult to actually buy
something - Heaven knows what it is like trying to get some after sales
service...

They haven't changed then. When I started uni three years ago I bought a
laptop from Dabs to arrive a week before I started - they bodged up the
order and I'd left for uni by the time it arrived. Incidentally, the laptop
was a Toshiba - piece of junk. Went with them for brand name, best spec
Toshiba in a not-unreasonable budget. Supplied with Windows XP, virtually
unusable with the supplied RAM, Celeron processor and onboard (shared
memory) graphics. Grr. Whole experience put me off Dabs and Toshiba for
life.

Old September 20th 07, 05:30 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Linker3000

wrote:
How do you get an invoice out of DABS these days?

Tried ringing. Tried pressing the button for e-mail invoice on the
item in my account. No joy.

Used to be that they'd come with the goods. Those were the days.
Luxury.

Now when I was a lad ........
--
Peter Langley

Dunno,

I have just cancelled a £300 order with them - I wondered why the stuff
hadn't turned up and discovered:

When they checked my card it was declined. That was my fault as I
miscalculated the available balance - but I wasn't sent an email or
contacted about it. The balance on the card was cleared the next day so
if they had re-checked in 24 hours it would have gone through.

2 motherboards were listed as available in 2-3 days so I knew there was
going to be a short delay, but when I eventually checked my order after
a week to find out why nothing had turned up, the status for these items
has turned to 'obsolete product' - again, no notification.

Seems to me that you have to do all the chasing and manually check your
order, flag up what you want part-shipped and resubmit it for payment. I
couldn't be bothered to deal with all this so I cancelled the order and
bought the stuff (execpt mobos - see below) from eBuyer. The goods
turned up 'next day'.

Incidentally, the mobos were a couple of AMD Socket As to keep as spares
as I have a site with 15 PCs using this type - can anyone suggest an
alternative supplier?

Ta

dabs + a "hub" Alex Hunsley UK Computer Vendors 6 June 5th 05 11:14 PM
Fun with Dabs! lordy UK Computer Vendors 20 August 10th 04 02:40 PM
I do not believe it! Dabs:-( CB UK Computer Vendors 2 February 25th 04 11:42 PM
Dabs Alan UK Computer Vendors 8 December 8th 03 05:08 PM
Lookf for a fast printer (to print invoices) ? No One You Know - Yet Printers 1 July 5th 03 02:52 PM