Acer Aspire 11.6" Laptop ZIF Hard Drive & RAM Upgrade

Old April 23rd 11, 11:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Paul Michaels

Default Acer Aspire 11.6" Laptop ZIF Hard Drive & RAM Upgrade

I'm planning on upgrading the 160GB 5400 RPM hard drive and the two
1GB ram modules in my Acer Aspire AS1410 soon. So I took it apart and
took pictures of the process to make it easier for myself when I get
the new parts. I also wrote up a quick guide to help out other owners
of the AS1410 or the very similar AS1430, AS1810 or AS1830 series
notebooks.

If you go to remove the hard drive, be very careful with the ZIF
ribbon connector cable. It can be fragile and hard to find a
replacement.

Here are the guides,

HDD - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/A...acement-Guide/
RAM - http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/A...Upgrade-Guide/

I hope someone finds them to be useful.

Cheers,
Paul
Old September 11th 18, 05:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

Thanks for posting. I updated a 9-year-old Acer Aspire 1410 by installing a solid state drive, larger RAM, and a fresh install of Windows 10. What a difference! Windows 10 worked without having to find drivers, which was nice.. The ZIF ribbon connector cable was a rather strange thing to have to handle, but it worked.
It was helpful to see your photos,
Peter