http://www.drivemylaptop.co.uk/ OK?

Old July 11th 09, 01:20 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
Ian[_4_]

Default http://www.drivemylaptop.co.uk/ OK?

I plan to upgrade the hard drive on my laptop, and came across:

http://www.drivemylaptop.co.uk/

Any experiences with this supplier?

--
Ian
Old July 11th 09, 03:39 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
ZZ

"Ian" wrote in message
I plan to upgrade the hard drive on my laptop, and came across:

http://www.drivemylaptop.co.uk/

Any experiences with this supplier?

Dunno but they are ****ing expensive and have a pretty ****ty basic website.

....but then you'd probably know that seeing as it is your website anyway eh?
****ing spammer.

Old July 11th 09, 04:54 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
Ian[_4_]

From: ZZ
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 Time: 15:39:55

"Ian" wrote in message
I plan to upgrade the hard drive on my laptop, and came across:

http://www.drivemylaptop.co.uk/

Any experiences with this supplier?

Dunno but they are ****ing expensive and have a pretty ****ty basic website.

...but then you'd probably know that seeing as it is your website anyway eh?
****ing spammer.

Thank you for your insightful contribution to this discussion.

Not!

As it happens, mine is a genuine enquiry. I had never even heard of this
company until I discovered it by accident through Google earlier today,
and I certainly have no connection whatsoever with it.

As you are clearly a highly educated individual with superior knowledge
of the laptop hard drive market, perhaps you would be good enough to
recommend a company who can supply what I am looking for at more
advantageous prices. Your own company, perhaps?

Plonk.

--
Ian
Old July 11th 09, 10:37 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
DrTeeth

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 16:54:45 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Ian disturbed my reverie and wrote:

As it happens, mine is a genuine enquiry.

Laptop drives are as standard as desktop drives and are easier to fit.
just make sure you get the right type, SATA or IDE.

As to suppliers, we all have our own favourites. Personally, I don't
always go for the cheapest price and some I would not deal with even
if they were giving stuff away.

Do some research, it will put you in good stead when you next come to
buy some bits.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Old July 11th 09, 06:30 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
Rob Morley

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:39:55 +0100
"ZZ" wrote:

"Ian" wrote in message
I plan to upgrade the hard drive on my laptop, and came across:

http://www.drivemylaptop.co.uk/

Any experiences with this supplier?

Dunno but they are ****ing expensive and have a pretty ****ty basic
website.

The prices aren't great - generally their ex. VAT is slightly higher
than eBuyers inc. VAT. I don't have a problem with basic website
design - on trendy modern websites the information I'm looking for is
too often hidden by stuff that adds nothing but keeps "designers" in
business.

...but then you'd probably know that seeing as it is your website
anyway eh? ****ing spammer.

That seems fairly unlikely, as the OP posted from the Luton area and
drivemylaptop.co.uk is in Bournemouth.