new mobo, won't POST with two sticks of RAM

Old November 11th 05, 11:28 AM

Default new mobo, won't POST with two sticks of RAM

I've just put together a system using an Asrock 775TWINS-HDTV, a
Celeron D 226 and two sticks of identical Twinmos PC2100 DDR CL2.5. The
problem is, it will only POST with a single stick of the RAM, if I put
both in it doesn't even put any text on the screen. I can put either
stick in either slot and it will boot fine, but not both. Any ideas?

TIA

Old November 12th 05, 02:38 AM
Roy Coorne

dawg schrieb:
How many ram slots on the board? More thn two?

The answer is written...

"Memory
- 2 x DDR DIMM slots
- Supports DDR400/333/266
- Max. capacity: 2GB
- 2 x DDRII DIMM slots
- Supports DDRII667/533
- Max. capacity: 2GB"
http://www.asrock.com/product/product_775Twins-HDTV.htm

Have you tried using the other
slots?

I would suggest that J tried using the DDR slots for his DDR modules
only;-)

May be the ATI chipset accepts two rows only, i.e. one double-sided
DIMM _or_ two single-sided DIMMs... (depending on the number and
organization of memory chips on the particular DIMMs).

(You may see the organziation at Lavalys' Everest Motherboard SPD
module size - "2 ranks" being double-sided, "1 rank" denoting

single-sided.)

May be the ATI chipset doesn't like TwinMOS...

(I have two TwinMOS PC3200 512MB with Winbond CH5 chips - double-sided
- and they run on motherboards without VGA chip with i865 chipsets,
but do not on a Shuttle board with an i865 chipset with a VGA chip.)

BTW - What is the capacity of J's two sticks?

Roy

oups.com...