The world company mergers, photography and office equipment

Old February 12th 04, 01:55 PM
aniram

Default The world company mergers, photography and office equipment

1. Recently, I noticed that Konica and Minolta joined forces together.
What happens to a film company called 'Sakura Film'? Was Sakura Film
part of Konica?
Does Sakura Film still exist?
2. Kyocera and Mita were joining forces too. I recall that Kyocera and
Yashica merged together prior to the KyoceraMita. Who is Mita company?
Is it a German company ? I could not find the history behind the
"Mita" portion of the kyocera Mita.
3. Is Agfa still active in Europe ? What brand name of film do they
produce? Was it a belgian company? A few years back they are selling
digital camera. Is film, photography still their main business?
4. Rollei and Leica. I know that they still exist. How big are they
now ?
Leica went into the GPS (Global Positioning System) market. What about
Rollei with their famous Rolleiflex camera? What are also happened to
Leitz, Zeiss - Ikon, and Minox?
Just curious and thanks for info.