Presario 713ea hinge problem

Old November 29th 03, 02:07 PM
jmm06

Default Presario 713ea hinge problem

Hello,

My Compaq notebook Presario 713ea has for the third
time a hinge problem, the screen cover now rotating freely
on 180°. The first two times I got this problem, my Presario
for few monthes, and that for about 50? each time......

I would like now to see by myself what's wrong in the
mechanical hinge assembly.

Can someone help me on the way to solve this ? Where
are the hinge brakes (on the screen panel or on the main box ?)
All information will be welcome.

Thx.

Old November 29th 03, 05:39 PM
Quaoar

jmm06 wrote:
Hello,

My Compaq notebook Presario 713ea has for the third
time a hinge problem, the screen cover now rotating freely
on 180°. The first two times I got this problem, my Presario
for few monthes, and that for about 50? each time......

I would like now to see by myself what's wrong in the
mechanical hinge assembly.

Can someone help me on the way to solve this ? Where
are the hinge brakes (on the screen panel or on the main box ?)
All information will be welcome.

Thx.

I can't offer specifics of this model. Nonetheless, in many laptops the
hinge assembly can be accessed without disassembling either the screen
or body. Look carefully at the hinge cover, laying the top back as far
as it will go. If there is a seam in the plastic hinge cover near the
center at the top, then the front part of the cover is separate from the
rear portion of the cover, and can often be popped off by simply prying
(carefully) with finger or small screwdriver pressure toward the front
of the laptop, exposing the retaining screws for the hinge bracket (the
shaft of the hinge is embedded in the top). If the screws can be
exposed, they can be removed, a *very small* bit of lok-tite applied to
the threads, and retightened to adjust the bracket pressure against the
hinge shaft.

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 05:45 AM
ATI Radeon 8500 problem (or the ViewSonice A90f+ monitor problem)?? T.T. Ati Videocards 0 October 9th 04 07:19 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
not the same old B&W problem (I don't think) Brian Lee Ati Videocards 0 July 9th 04 01:15 AM
Really WEIRD problem! TMack Ati Videocards 4 April 12th 04 04:30 AM